I cant do it anymore... (1 Viewer)

Saintaholik

SaintsReport PHD (Formerly SaintsSwag)
Reaction score
The consistent dumb playcalling at the end of games by Pete, and DA's incompetence, ignorance, and delusional attitude has absolutely destroyed this organization.

This is 2 weeks in a row where DA played "not to lose" instead of "playing for the win"

The decision to punt the ball after that dumb 3rd &1 playcall, at your 40 yard line with minutes left in the game is absolute garbage.

I can't get over the logic of automatically putting the ball back in TB's hands instead of trying to take the win for yourself.

He has consistently played conservative and put the team in positions to lose. Even In the SF game last week, there were several occasions where DA had the chance to be aggressive and put the team In better positions to win, yet he never takes the risk to put the ball in his own teams hands to win the game

Mickey has to hold them accountable, but the sad part is he won't, and that is soo discouraging

I think people will begin to handle these situations better once they firmly and fully grasp the notion that we are simply not a good football team.

Bad things happen to bad football teams. Whether it's fumbling at the 1 yard line last week, or getting injured a yard prior to clinching a first down in this game.....or thinking it's brilliant to call a pass play on 3rd and 1..... or dropping a 1st down conversion on 3rd and 17.... or giving up 14 points in the last 3 minutes. The ball just seems to bounce different when you are this type of team (just like it bounced a lot different when things were going well in 2009).

I think people will begin to handle these situations better once they firmly and fully grasp the notion that we are simply not a good football team.

Bad things happen to bad football teams. Whether it's fumbling at the 1 yard line last week, or getting injured a yard prior to clinching a first down in this game.....or thinking it's brilliant to call a pass play on 3rd and 1..... or dropping a 1st down conversion on 3rd and 17.... or giving up 14 points in the last 3 minutes. The ball just seems to bounce different when you are this type of team (just like it bounced a lot different when things were going well in 2009).
I gotta say, since I entered adulthood (I'm 44 now) I've generally been able to avoid getting too mad about bad losses in seasons when I know the team just isn't good. But this game was an exception. I couldn't get to sleep until 12:30-1 last night b/c I was so ticked off. Some of it might be that stupidity (Ingram going out a yard short, Allen's coaching) annoys me more than, say, a game where we get slaughtered in the trenches b/c the other team's lines are better.

Nothing you said is wrong, but...last night's game got the better of me even though I typically embrace the philosophy you state here.

The consistent dumb playcalling at the end of games by Pete, and DA's incompetence, ignorance, and delusional attitude has absolutely destroyed this organization.

This is 2 weeks in a row where DA played "not to lose" instead of "playing for the win"
He's soft and scared AF. That's just who he is...

But pass some of that blame to Loomis. You need to know who you're putting in executive leadership positions and DA was around long enough for Loomis to know he's not an executive leader.

Long-time season ticket holder here — I’m officially out for next season. This team is not worth the price of admission now.
And this will be the mindset of many fans/ticket holders next year if Dennis Allen and the coaching staff come back. I, for one, will not spend money nor time on Sunday's next year to watch them if they all come back. Why watch a bad movie over and over again when you know the ending sucks?

I gotta say, since I entered adulthood (I'm 44 now) I've generally been able to avoid getting too mad about bad losses in seasons when I know the team just isn't good. But this game was an exception. I couldn't get to sleep until 12:30-1 last night b/c I was so ticked off. Some of it might be that stupidity (Ingram going out a yard short, Allen's coaching) annoys me more than, say, a game where we get slaughtered in the trenches b/c the other team's lines are better.

Nothing you said is wrong, but...last night's game got the better of me even though I typically embrace the philosophy you state here.
I hear ya...

Plus the finality of it may have been what didn't sit well with you. Even if one doubted that we had the ability to win out or at least win enough to win the NFC South, the opportunity was still there for the time being.

I remember not taking the finality of 2007 well. Shortly before Christmas, they lost a home game to the Eagles to (for all intents and purposes) slam the door on their playoff hopes. Whereas 1 year prior, they were clenching a first round bye around that time. Just the fact that I wasn't even going to POTENTIALLY see them in the playoffs for another year (it would end up being 2 more years, although they made that worth the wait) was really hard to stomach at that point.

I hear ya...

Plus the finality of it may have been what didn't sit well with you. Even if one doubted that we had the ability to win out or at least win enough to win the NFC South, the opportunity was still there for the time being.

I remember not taking the finality of 2007 well. Shortly before Christmas, they lost a home game to the Eagles to (for all intents and purposes) slam the door on their playoff hopes. Whereas 1 year prior, they were clenching a first round bye around that time. Just the fact that I wasn't even going to POTENTIALLY see them in the playoffs for another year (it would end up being 2 more years, although they made that worth the wait) was really hard to stomach at that point.
Yeah. The 2007 finality moment was the Bucs game that Payton last year singled out for featuring his dumbest playcall in his career.

The decision to punt the ball after that dumb 3rd &1 playcall, at your 40 yard line with minutes left in the game is absolute garbage.

I can't get over the logic of automatically putting the ball back in TB's hands instead of trying to take the win for yourself.

He has consistently played conservative and put the team in positions to lose. Even In the SF game last week, there were several occasions where DA had the chance to be aggressive and put the team In better positions to win, yet he never takes the risk to put the ball in his own teams hands to win the game

Mickey has to hold them accountable, but the sad part is he won't, and that is soo discouraging
It's ok man we are a bad team, even if we won this game I doubt we go into the playoffs and if we did we would definitely be one and done. This team wasnt that good last year and probably will not be good for a couple of years. It will be Dennis Allen Today, The Next coach next year, Oh then the next coach the following year but we just not a good football team. No coach that was available was going make this non play off team into a playoff team with the almost the same roster if not a worst roster after injuries. we might win 2 more games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom