I cant do it anymore... (1 Viewer)

The consistent dumb playcalling at the end of games by Pete, and DA's incompetence, ignorance, and delusional attitude has absolutely destroyed this organization.

This is 2 weeks in a row where DA played "not to lose" instead of "playing for the win"

The decision to punt the ball after that dumb 3rd &1 playcall, at your 40 yard line with minutes left in the game is absolute garbage.

I can't get over the logic of automatically putting the ball back in TB's hands instead of trying to take the win for yourself.

He has consistently played conservative and put the team in positions to lose. Even In the SF game last week, there were several occasions where DA had the chance to be aggressive and put the team In better positions to win, yet he never takes the risk to put the ball in his own teams hands to win the game

Mickey has to hold them accountable, but the sad part is he won't, and that is soo discouraging
I agree with this. I think they don't trust this o line very much. Also, let me ask a question. If your defense has held the Bucs to 10 points so far in the game, and also has a HISTORY of showing that they know how to stop the Buc's offense, would you not punt the ball?

DA won’t get held accountable because Loomis isn’t being held accountable by Gayle. They can fork up as much as they want and don’t have to worry about the owner tossing them out of the building at a moments notice. I hope Gayle proves me wrong though.

It’s not worth it anymore to get emotionally invested this year, it’s done.

I agree with this. I think they don't trust this o line very much. Also, let me ask a question. If your defense has held the Bucs to 10 points so far in the game, and also has a HISTORY of showing that they know how to stop the Buc's offense, would you not punt the ball?
After the failed 3rd down then yes you punt because the defense should of shut them down then again it was the regular time that DA chokes as a defensive play caller

The consistent dumb playcalling at the end of games by Pete, and DA's incompetence, ignorance, and delusional attitude has absolutely destroyed this organization.

This is 2 weeks in a row where DA played "not to lose" instead of "playing for the win"

The decision to punt the ball after that dumb 3rd &1 playcall, at your 40 yard line with minutes left in the game is absolute garbage.

I can't get over the logic of automatically putting the ball back in TB's hands instead of trying to take the win for yourself.

He has consistently played conservative and put the team in positions to lose. Even In the SF game last week, there were several occasions where DA had the chance to be aggressive and put the team In better positions to win, yet he never takes the risk to put the ball in his own teams hands to win the game

Mickey has to hold them accountable, but the sad part is he won't, and that is soo discouraging
It is discouraging. This has been a rough year…even for the optimists. What you are experiencing is normal. Sometimes it’s a good idea to just take a step away for a little while.

I understand the sentiment, and that's okay for some teams. At the same time when the game/season is on the line, and your at your 40 yard line you have to weigh risk/reward. Especially when the alternative is giving Brady his 10th chance to take advantage of your inability to score

*Best Case Scenario*
You go for it on fourth, convert and now your team is right on the verge of field goal range. Also Analytics tell you, you have a 70% chance to convert in this Scenario

*Worst Case Scenario*
You fail to convert and at the very worst your only giving up 20 yards in field position.

AT THE VERY WORST

The reward completely outweighs the risk in this situation, and sometimes you gotta show your team that you believe in them. If you don't trust them, how can they trust you? That's called leadership

Fun Fact:
Dennis Allen hasn't went for it on 4th down in a close game to put the game away while leading one time this year.

Every other coach in the NFL has at least 12 times

When you play not to lose, you will lose 90% of the time

I understand the sentiment, and that's okay for some teams. At the same time when the game/season is on the line, and your at your 40 yard line you have to weigh risk/reward. Especially when the alternative is giving Brady his 10th chance to take advantage of your inability to score

*Best Case Scenario*
You go for it on fourth, convert and now your team is right on the verge of field goal range. Also Analytics tell you, you have a 70% chance to convert in this Scenario

*Worst Case Scenario*
You fail to convert and at the very worst your only giving up 20 yards in field position.

AT THE VERY WORST

The reward completely outweighs the risk in this situation, and sometimes you gotta show your team that you believe in them. If you don't trust them, how can they trust you? That's called leadership

Fun Fact:
Dennis Allen hasn't went for it on 4th down in a close game to put the game away while leading one time this year.

Every other coach in the NFL has at least 12 times

When you play not to lose, you will lose 90% of the time
I get it, but do YOU trust this team? I sure as hell don't. At the same time, I see what your saying. We pretty much have nothing to lose. Keep in mind though, handing 20 yards to Brady is a lot. I really think it comes down to, he's coaching scared because he doesn't trust his offense.

I get it, but do YOU trust this team? I sure as hell don't. At the same time, I see what your saying. We pretty much have nothing to lose. Keep in mind though, handing 20 yards to Brady is a lot. I really think it comes down to, he's coaching scared because he doesn't trust his offense.

Your not wrong, and I understand. I just conservative coaching gets you no where in today's league

Crazy thing is, I do trust this roster.

I don't trust who's leading it though

Riverboat Ron had same issue year 1 w/ Carolina. He improved

Riverboat Ron had same issue year 1 w/ Carolina. He improved
Rivera is on a other level compared to DA.
In my opinion, Rivera is a perfect bridge coach. Look at the job he’s done in Washington. With everything off the field, the Commanders shouldn’t even be thinking about playoffs. But yet, they have a spot at the moment.

Your not wrong, and I understand. I just conservative coaching gets you no where in today's league

Crazy thing is, I do trust this roster.

I don't trust who's leading it though
Absolutely, it's completely obvious to EVERYONE by now that DA cannot get his guys to play to they're full potential for him. I mean, I can see if we were lose one win one or lose two win two. At least that way we could see some progression. But that is not at all what's happening. We see each week this team is progressively getting worse, constantly finding ways to lose games, and always looking like another new problem is created each week. It's just not working.

I think people will begin to handle these situations better once they firmly and fully grasp the notion that we are simply not a good football team.

Bad things happen to bad football teams. Whether it's fumbling at the 1 yard line last week, or getting injured a yard prior to clinching a first down in this game.....or thinking it's brilliant to call a pass play on 3rd and 1..... or dropping a 1st down conversion on 3rd and 17.... or giving up 14 points in the last 3 minutes. The ball just seems to bounce different when you are this type of team (just like it bounced a lot different when things were going well in 2009).
This is completely true. There's been numerous games this year where this team had the lead late at some point and I told myself, "we're going to lose". "They will find a way". It's sad to see what this team has crumbled to in dam near half a season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom