I cant do it anymore... (2 Viewers)

The consistent dumb playcalling at the end of games by Pete, and DA's incompetence, ignorance, and delusional attitude has absolutely destroyed this organization.

This is 2 weeks in a row where DA played "not to lose" instead of "playing for the win"

The decision to punt the ball after that dumb 3rd &1 playcall, at your 40 yard line with minutes left in the game is absolute garbage.

I can't get over the logic of automatically putting the ball back in TB's hands instead of trying to take the win for yourself.

He has consistently played conservative and put the team in positions to lose. Even In the SF game last week, there were several occasions where DA had the chance to be aggressive and put the team In better positions to win, yet he never takes the risk to put the ball in his own teams hands to win the game

Mickey has to hold them accountable, but the sad part is he won't, and that is soo discouraging
I’m afraid you are right my friend! I just don’t see Loomis pulling the plug on this disaster after one year. More likely they will scapegoat the offensive coordinator which will be like putting lipstick on a pig accomplishing nothing. It is increasingly clear to me that Allen has lost the locker room as evidenced by AK’s totoal lack of interest and he is supposedly a Captain! Sad state of affairs and one we haven’t seen in many years.

I think people will begin to handle these situations better once they firmly and fully grasp the notion that we are simply not a good football team.

Bad things happen to bad football teams. Whether it's fumbling at the 1 yard line last week, or getting injured a yard prior to clinching a first down in this game.....or thinking it's brilliant to call a pass play on 3rd and 1..... or dropping a 1st down conversion on 3rd and 17.... or giving up 14 points in the last 3 minutes. The ball just seems to bounce different when you are this type of team (just like it bounced a lot different when things were going well in 2009).
This is exactly correct. Good post!

I think people will begin to handle these situations better once they firmly and fully grasp the notion that we are simply not a good football team.

Bad things happen to bad football teams. Whether it's fumbling at the 1 yard line last week, or getting injured a yard prior to clinching a first down in this game.....or thinking it's brilliant to call a pass play on 3rd and 1..... or dropping a 1st down conversion on 3rd and 17.... or giving up 14 points in the last 3 minutes. The ball just seems to bounce different when you are this type of team (just like it bounced a lot different when things were going well in 2009).
Unfortunately for me personally I realized this after the Arizona game . This season has been a disaster and a huge let down. In past years specifically 2017 to 2020 when we would hit our stride and go on 8 game winning streaks you could feel it coming after a rough start to the season.

This year it was so disjointed and we were losing in so many ways it just showed a team that was unfocused and not there.

I don't know if Allen lost the team with the CJGJ ordeal or the Winston decision but something went bad early. I don't get upset during the game or after it is what is.

We are going through a really rough time let's just hope we can move forward with a clean slate next year and clean out the necessary gunk in the gears.

Coaching has been absolutely horrible. They don't believe in themselves, therefore not believing in their team. The 3rd down call for me was the last straw.

I haven't really got that upset about it, we had great years under CSP and Brees. My Brother is a Bears fan, i,ve had a great laugh at his expense over the years. I have a just take this year as sort of a peak in on the team hiatus. It really seemed like an exciting potential year with the additions, but then we started seeing half a dozen players a week injured and you could see it just being one of those years other teams have had to deal with.

I'll be optimistic again next year, but unfortunately the Off season looks bleak. Even if the Coaching staff is scrapped we can't really expect anyone interesting to take the job on with how decimated the franchise is with the lack of picks, Salary Cap. . . .here's to hoping that we get some picks for CSP. And lets hope real hard that we have seen the last of Brady.

You can do it OP. Get you a good stiff drink and look for the magic carpet. Whodat

I've heard talk of how Pete did not want the OC job at the beginning of the season. Not sure if true, but if it is, any chance he is purposely calling bad games to get out of the position even maybe to be able to join SP when he lands his next head coaching job? There's just no logical reason after being the tutelage of CSP that he would seem to be unable to call decent plays.

I gotta say, since I entered adulthood (I'm 44 now) I've generally been able to avoid getting too mad about bad losses in seasons when I know the team just isn't good. But this game was an exception. I couldn't get to sleep until 12:30-1 last night b/c I was so ticked off. Some of it might be that stupidity (Ingram going out a yard short, Allen's coaching) annoys me more than, say, a game where we get slaughtered in the trenches b/c the other team's lines are better.

Nothing you said is wrong, but...last night's game got the better of me even though I typically embrace the philosophy you state here.
Yep same for me. I pick and choose games now... Usually on how easy it is for me to get the game (local antenna.) Last night's game was a huge pain to get. Finally ended up watching it on my computer. And by the end of the game I was wishing I had never bothered. Took me hours to fall asleep just like you. Miserable

I've heard talk of how Pete did not want the OC job at the beginning of the season. Not sure if true, but if it is, any chance he is purposely calling bad games to get out of the position even maybe to be able to join SP when he lands his next head coaching job? There's just no logical reason after being the tutelage of CSP that he would seem to be unable to call decent plays.
That's exactly the conversation we're having here right now. I think there's something to it

I’m afraid you are right my friend! I just don’t see Loomis pulling the plug on this disaster after one year. More likely they will scapegoat the offensive coordinator which will be like putting lipstick on a pig accomplishing nothing. It is increasingly clear to me that Allen has lost the locker room as evidenced by AK’s totoal lack of interest and he is supposedly a Captain! Sad state of affairs and one we haven’t seen in many years.
If that happens and Sean Payton wind up going to the Chargers, then Pete Carmichael Michael to the Chargers.

Yep same for me. I pick and choose games now... Usually on how easy it is for me to get the game (local antenna.) Last night's game was a huge pain to get. Finally ended up watching it on my computer. And by the end of the game I was wishing I had never bothered. Took me hours to fall asleep just like you. Miserable
UFC, hang in there bro…..Whodat

I gotta say, since I entered adulthood (I'm 44 now) I've generally been able to avoid getting too mad about bad losses in seasons when I know the team just isn't good. But this game was an exception. I couldn't get to sleep until 12:30-1 last night b/c I was so ticked off. Some of it might be that stupidity (Ingram going out a yard short, Allen's coaching) annoys me more than, say, a game where we get slaughtered in the trenches b/c the other team's lines are better.

Nothing you said is wrong, but...last night's game got the better of me even though I typically embrace the philosophy you state here.

I have been a Saints fan for 22 years. I've been through some bad years with this franchise.

I've said it once, and I'll say it 1000 times.

If we were losing bc of our roster, I would take it for what it is, and focus on the positive things about this football team.

But, We're not

We keep losing bc the coaching staff keeps putting this team in positions to lose. That's why they have lost the locker room, and 75 percent of fans out there.

Nobody believes in this staff, so why would the players

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom