I cant do it anymore... (1 Viewer)

That's exactly the conversation we're having here right now. I think there's something to it
Career suicide.

I just don't see it.

I disagree....we aren't a bad team. With good coaching we would still be a playoff team. It isn't coincidence that two of the largest hallmarks of coaching issues have become prevalent in DA's first season (turnovers and presnap penalties)

I have been a Saints fan for 22 years. I've been through some bad years with this franchise.

I've said it once, and I'll say it 1000 times.

If we were losing bc of our roster, I would take it for what it is, and focus on the positive things about this football team.

But, We're not

We keep losing bc the coaching staff keeps putting this team in positions to lose. That's why they have lost the locker room, and 75 percent of fans out there.

Nobody believes in this staff, so why would the players
Yeah two things that will always cause me to turn a game off.

1. Incompetent coaching - Ditka years. After the Browns Hail Mary to get their first new win...I didn't watch another Saints game until he was fired. I couldn't handle it. My health thanked me lol

2. Players who don't care - when I see players going through the motions, or acting like they don't care...when they are getting paid millions...it disgusts me. If they don't care...then why should I?

Getting older, now having a family, winning a Superbowl, Bountygate, No-call...have all done wonders to put these games into perspective. Losses rarely bother me anymore (other night being an exception because it felt like the 70's and early 80's all over again.) I try not as invested anymore and I definitely don't break my back to catch every game like I used to.

obviously this season is a wrap, but I will need to see some changes to feel like there's any hope for next season and beyond. I don't mind supporting a bad team, but this team is not even bad, it's just...pathetic? or maybe apathetic, more likely.

we don't have a franchise coach, a franchise QB, or a 1st round pick. our best player (Kamara) looks disinterested at best, and a lot of our other best players are getting old or breaking down. we don't have a competent offensive playcaller, and I'm not sure we have a competent training staff either, with all the injuries the last few years. oh, and our cap situation sucks, to boot.

if we roll into next season without making any meaningful changes to the above, then it will be hard to take another season of the same garbage.

I have been a Saints fan for 22 years. I've been through some bad years with this franchise.

I've said it once, and I'll say it 1000 times.

If we were losing bc of our roster, I would take it for what it is, and focus on the positive things about this football team.

But, We're not

We keep losing bc the coaching staff keeps putting this team in positions to lose. That's why they have lost the locker room, and 75 percent of fans out there.

Nobody believes in this staff, so why would the players
Yeah, rooting for a team that's outclassed physically isn't ideal, but it's easier to accept. Badly coached teams that make stupid mistakes and shoot themselves in the foot endlessly is a lot harder to stomach.

1. Incompetent coaching - Ditka years. After the Browns Hail Mary to get their first new win...I didn't watch another Saints game until he was fired. I couldn't handle it. My health thanked me lol

2. Players who don't care - when I see players going through the motions, or acting like they don't care...when they are getting paid millions...it disgusts me. If they don't care...then why should I?
+1. These are absolutely the right reasons to check out as a fan. Most fans earn their money by working, and there is competition for your $, whether it's LSU, another SEC team, Tulane (!) football in the Cotton (!) Bowl, other sports entertainment, non-sports entertainment, or buying a new car or a bigger house.

If ownership and management think they'll just promote their mediocre-to-bad buddies and everything will be fine, well, good luck with that! The only think I'll say, is I give Kamara, Ingram, etc. a pass if they're checking out. Pro athletes have to work quite hard to make it to the point that they can have a decent pro career, and playing for incompetent coaches effectively wastes these athletes' most precious resource. Not surprising if they check out, or even more understandably, play not to get hurt so they can outlast the incompetent coaching staff. In contrast, look at how replacing a poor coach can get the /same/ players to buy in and perform better -- exhibit A: the mid-season firing of Joe Girardi and the Philadelphia Phillies' run to the World Series this year.

Glad the teams's lease to 2035 was completed in 2021 before the 2022 Payton-Dolphins-Brady-Flores-Loomis-Allen circus (if that's really how it all went down).

You'll be back when the Saints get McVay and trades for Jimmy G

I'm not going anywhere, I've been through the ups and downs of this franchise. I love my team

I'm just frustrated with them

The decision to fire DA and company is an easy one.

He consistently shows week in and week out that he isn't prepared and doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to be a leader of men.

The only explanation Mickey would have to keep DA after this season would be for his own personal relationship with DA. That frustrates me.

It doesn't get more obvious that DA is incompetent, when it's on full display every week for the world to see

The consistent dumb playcalling at the end of games by Pete, and DA's incompetence, ignorance, and delusional attitude has absolutely destroyed this organization.

This is 2 weeks in a row where DA played "not to lose" instead of "playing for the win"

The decision to punt the ball after that dumb 3rd &1 playcall, at your 40 yard line with minutes left in the game is absolute garbage.

I can't get over the logic of automatically putting the ball back in TB's hands instead of trying to take the win for yourself.

He has consistently played conservative and put the team in positions to lose. Even In the SF game last week, there were several occasions where DA had the chance to be aggressive and put the team In better positions to win, yet he never takes the risk to put the ball in his own teams hands to win the game

Mickey has to hold them accountable, but the sad part is he won't, and that is soo discouraging
That's the knock on a lot of HCs that come from the defensive side of the ball and, I suspect, why DA prefers Dalton over Jameis. It's safe and he's more comfortable with the D being on the field than the offense. That's also the reason for the low scoring. His personal motto likely is, "Just don't rock the boat on offense...I'll solve everything with defense." This also explains why the D was leg weary and gassed by the end of the game. DA does not have the balanced mindset required by a successful HC.

I've heard talk of how Pete did not want the OC job at the beginning of the season. Not sure if true, but if it is, any chance he is purposely calling bad games to get out of the position even maybe to be able to join SP when he lands his next head coaching job? There's just no logical reason after being the tutelage of CSP that he would seem to be unable to call decent plays.
If we're going full tin-foil-hat, are we sure that Dennis Allen (former Falcons' LB Grady Allen's kid) isn't an Atlanta sleeper agent who's been activated to demoralize the Saints fanbase and destroy the franchise from within?

also, 28-3

I gotta say, since I entered adulthood (I'm 44 now) I've generally been able to avoid getting too mad about bad losses in seasons when I know the team just isn't good. But this game was an exception. I couldn't get to sleep until 12:30-1 last night b/c I was so ticked off. Some of it might be that stupidity (Ingram going out a yard short, Allen's coaching) annoys me more than, say, a game where we get slaughtered in the trenches b/c the other team's lines are better.

Nothing you said is wrong, but...last night's game got the better of me even though I typically embrace the philosophy you state here.
There were two games that actually caused me to lose sleep and I woke up even angrier than I went to bed:

2008 Saints vs Minnesota. Every weird event went against us, the calls, the bounces of the ball... It was, in many ways, a microcosm of Saints history. It's what brought me to SR because I had to go somewhere to vent. Surely I couldn't be the only fan feeling this angry. I actually didn't sleep for two days. But for context, I had emotionally checked out of being so invested in the Saints, we then had a magical 06 season after drafting my favorite college player, Reggie Bush and signing a QB I liked from Charger games, Drew Brees. 06 pulled me back in only to taunt me 07 and 08.

2018 No Call. No explanation needed. I'll never get over it.

That was until this last game.

2022 Saints vs Bucs. I get the season was over weeks ago. I emotionally pulled out, only for them to pull me in and have a deep emotional investment because the players looked like they WANTED it. So, I put my chips on the table only to watch the debacle late in the fourth like they ALWAYS do. We ALL knew it was coming. The dumb running out of bounds instead of getting the first, the dropping of big passes, the untimely penalties, the playing 10 yards off of the WRs, the pass play on 3rd and 1. I'm like that's it. I'm tired of this team. They are married to finding ways to lose. They are losers and I'm sick of putting my faith in a bunch of losers. I'm too old to be allowing this much stress from a football team. That was the first time in my life I said Elf the Saints. Elf them. If they don't care, why should I? They have losing in their DNA and until proven otherwise, they'll continue to be losers.

Winners find ways to win, repeatedly. Losers find ways to lose repeatedly. This organization is a bunch of excuse having, poor decision making losers.

Btw, there are MANY games I could have lost sleep over but I was just mostly hurt/stung. Falcons W/C and 2011 playoff against 49ers, et al. By the Minny Miracle, I was no longer surprised, I even predicted it because we are losers who find ways to lose. I was like, somehow will c*ck this up. And lo and behold, in 10 seconds we did. Smh. Losers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom