I can't even blame Dennis Allen. Only one person to blame. (1 Viewer)

No, Rankins, Breaux, Swann, PJ, Vacarro, Ellerbe, Lewis and its only week 3. I cant say whos fault it is for the injuries but I do not blame Dennis Allen for how the Defense performed last week especially when they played well the week prior, injuries just caught up to us last night and there is no depth when you depth is forced to be your starter.

Theres a long list of who's to blame for this dumpster fire. It starts at the top. For years people have called Loomis the cap wizard which I think the truth has come out. 35 million in dead money and an inability to sign any difference maker. And the 'difference makers' he did sign haven't turned out whatsoever.

Blame Payton because he is the head coach. He has had a known problem for years with the defense and hasn't corrected it. Les Miles just lost his job because he couldn't adapt his offense. No one is talking about firing Payton. Miles won a national title, Payton won a Super Bowl, but for some reason you talk about firing Payton and you get every red thumb in the world thrown at you.

Blame player personnel. They've done an awful job in bringing in FA and college scouting. We lost to the Raiders, Giants and Falcons because we had far less talent, even with healthy players. We are a very untalented team, that without Brees might be lucky to win 2 games this year. This roster is one of the worst in the NFL, behind maybe only 2-3 teams.

Blame strength and conditioning for the rampant amount of injuries this team always seems to have. We aren't a 'tough' football team. We play soft and we are soft. I wont go so far as bringing the Greenbriar into this, but I cannot beyond my wildest imagination believe we will spend another summer in West Virginia.

So theres blame everywhere. And I haven't even mentioned the refusal to fire positional coaches for not developing its talent. Its all legitimate. It all equals out to a poorly run football team that has a record that states its a poorly run football team.
w8erq6g.gif

End of threads until 2017 season.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

what about the last decade? have we had these injuries every year?

I'm not talking about the last decade and I'm not making excuses for the last decade. I'm talking about this year.

And this year we are missing 6 week 1 starters + 2 other guys who would of been starters had they not went down in the offseason.

If it makes you feel better to ignore that, be my guest.

to be fair to Loomis, he did get it done. we signed basically everyone we wanted to or at least had the wherewithal to make legit offers. we could've signed Norman if he wanted to come here.

the issue is that EVERY. SINGLE. SIGNING. we made for 2-3 years in a row busted. We missed on Byrd, Spiller, Lewis, Galette, Browner, Hawthorne, Lofton, Bunkley, Lorig, etc.

i mean...we're still paying Erik Lorig. how many games did he even play in as a Saint? i mean, we have $5 million is dead money for Evans, who is currently starting at RG.

the chances of going like 0 for 10 on FA signings are infinitesimal.

Agreed. There have been some very bad signings, but this is bit of angry exaggeration. From your list Lewis, Lofton and Bunkley were not "busts." Watson, Wiliams, Breaux, Robinson are/were not bust signings. Jury is still out on Farley & Kruger but those aren't back breaking contracts. Fleener may pan out, but was overpaid.

We are in the down year we all anticipated. They made some moves to try and contend while going through a youth movement, but we would have had to stay relatively healthy for that to happen. The Raiders and Giants were winnable games that we just made enough stupid gaffs to not overcome, and that shot down a very needed good start. So, this year is going to be a rough, growing pains kind of season. The season when we pay for the bad signings ride it out with a bunch of youth and street signings to fill injured roster spots.

i mean, we have $5 million is dead money for Evans, who is currently starting at RG.

Not disagreeing with the rest of your post, but this is actually a good thing.

We had our cake and got to eat it too with Evans, who is playing really well (hopefully he goes another year after this). That dead money isn't really dead and we nixed his big contract while still retaining him this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom