I can't even blame Dennis Allen. Only one person to blame. (1 Viewer)

Loomis should only work for the Saints and not the Pelicans too! He has enough responsibilities managing our Saints. Surely Benson pays him well enough,to only manage the Saints.

Should have hired Todd grantham a few years ago when we interviewed him but went with rob ryan

Fire Loomis or Payton or the ball boy. Whatever.

But are we really going to pretend like missing 6 defensive starters doesn't matter? That teams just routinely overcome that?

This season just sucks all around. That's not making excuses. That's reality.

what about the last decade? have we had these injuries every year?

what about the last decade? have we had these injuries every year?

Of course not, but you have to understand the trust and love of Loomis/Payton by many is unconditional.

Every poor draft, FA signing, loss, and negative record breaking performance can and must be rationalized away.

Theres a long list of who's to blame for this dumpster fire. It starts at the top. For years people have called Loomis the cap wizard which I think the truth has come out. 35 million in dead money and an inability to sign any difference maker. And the 'difference makers' he did sign haven't turned out whatsoever.

Blame Payton because he is the head coach. He has had a known problem for years with the defense and hasn't corrected it. Les Miles just lost his job because he couldn't adapt his offense. No one is talking about firing Payton. Miles won a national title, Payton won a Super Bowl, but for some reason you talk about firing Payton and you get every red thumb in the world thrown at you.

Blame player personnel. They've done an awful job in bringing in FA and college scouting. We lost to the Raiders, Giants and Falcons because we had far less talent, even with healthy players. We are a very untalented team, that without Brees might be lucky to win 2 games this year. This roster is one of the worst in the NFL, behind maybe only 2-3 teams.

Blame strength and conditioning for the rampant amount of injuries this team always seems to have. We aren't a 'tough' football team. We play soft and we are soft. I wont go so far as bringing the Greenbriar into this, but I cannot beyond my wildest imagination believe we will spend another summer in West Virginia.

So theres blame everywhere. And I haven't even mentioned the refusal to fire positional coaches for not developing its talent. Its all legitimate. It all equals out to a poorly run football team that has a record that states its a poorly run football team.

This is my point guys. Only Loomis can give Payton this much power. We need a GM that knows football and is better with not overpaying. Back in Paytons early tenure here he did not have that type of power it came when he started winning. Around the league the teams that get it done every year are teams with actual football GM's.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Fire Loomis or Payton or the ball boy. Whatever.

But are we really going to pretend like missing 6 defensive starters doesn't matter? That teams just routinely overcome that?

This season just sucks all around. That's not making excuses. That's reality.
It definitely matters but I dont think that is a sufficient explanation for the near total lack of defensive production. It is not all a lack of player ability. That only accounts for a small edge in football.

Even a blind dog finds a crumb here and there. There is something else wrong, we are being out coached on the defensive side of the ball, out schemed, and we seem to have no clue what nearly any of the plays the opposition is running.

Even Atlanta sometimes recognizes a screen or a route to break on. We were lucky if we sniffed out 3 plays that game. We just seem to spend most of the game in a read and react after the play has developed mode. Its like we are running a prevent for 90% of the game. When we finally catch a break we get a yellow flag thrown our way.

Something more needs to be changed in the way we prepare and game plan our defense because the current defensive game plan is complete rubbish.

Firing another defensive coordinator will not work and has not worked. What we have here is bad player personnel, bad contracts and a head coach that has been a hardheaded dictator making "shoot from the hip" decisions without consultation. Bad drafts, bad contracts, and bad free agents have cost this team from winning. Loomis needs to be fired and Payton needs a humbling experience!

Jordan is above average. Vaccaro is good. Breaux developed in the CFL. Davison is a rotation player. We know nothing about PJ Williams. He's played 2 games in 2 seasons.

If Jordan wants to be called an above average player he needs to start doing stuff like Von Miller and other top defensive ends. He's playing more like Pam Jordan. How often does his name get called in a game 2-3 tops. I'd love to see him play a an above average level. One thing this defense does not have it's heart!!!!!

If Jordan wants to be called an above average player he needs to start doing stuff like Von Miller and other top defensive ends. He's playing more like Pam Jordan. How often does his name get called in a game 2-3 tops. I'd love to see him play a an above average level. One thing this defense does not have it's heart!!!!!

What? Above average means Von Miller like? I mean, technically, Von Miller is an above average player.

But that's like saying $50 million dollars is a good bit of money.

What? Above average means Von Miller like? I mean, technically, Von Miller is an above average player.

But that's like saying $50 million dollars is a good bit of money.

bad analogy but he's right. Jordan has been invisible. there's no one on the other side, but no one's paying him extra attention either.

The problem with the Saints defense goes back several years, when we continued to draft offensive talent at the expense of the defense. I believe we went three years drafting strictly offense, but maybe 1-2 defensive players. Its only been the last couple of years we looked at defense (too little too late).

Unfortunately such a philosophy has wasted the talent of Brees during his best years. Since Bountygate the Saints have been showing a steady decline in performance while Brees has been excelling. We are not likely to see his kind again on this team.

Jordan is above average. Vaccaro is good. Breaux developed in the CFL. Davison is a rotation player. We know nothing about PJ Williams. He's played 2 games in 2 seasons.
Breaux was a hot mess when he came to the Saints. He is a totally different player from the guy who took the field at the beginning of last season. We thought he might compete w/ Browner for PI penalties for a couple games there. We know through two camps and a handful of games that PJ Williams is good, but unlucky. Damien Swann is in the same category. I promise you if they were healthy and cut from this roster, there would be a bidding war for all three.

This isn't to take up for a poor defensive performance, but rather correct you on your statement regarding specific players. Injuries are a part of the NFL, but when was the last time a team lost half their defensive starters before the early bye week? This team lacks talented depth, not starting talent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom