N/S I can't help it. This article about the Falcons made me smile... (1 Viewer)

They are trying to run Gurley out of town today...
Only the Falcons would blame that loss on one of their players putting points on the board.

Raheem blamed Gurley too. Hey Genius, if you didn't want him to score then why not kneel?

Last edited:
I have a friend who is a Falcons fan and we have fun picking on each other when one of us looses. I am really starting to feel guilty with the "cruel and unusual" punishment I am putting on him, just how long do you kick a man while he is down?..........but not too guilty, yet
Even I want them to win a few games to keep them away from a Top 5 pick. Maybe somehow they can get on a roll to get them out of Top 10. It sure is strange pulling for them, but come Thursday night I will be at it again

At this point, it feels intentional.

A message from Arthur Blank:

“Here in Falcons land, we’re all about paying it forward. When we have a lead, we graciously give it to the other team. That’s not blowing, that’s knowing. For we know that our generosity will not go unnoticed by those who matter. Our fans.”

:hihi:

Can’t stop laughing at Jamie Collins celebrating the TD and Jalen Maybin lobbying for it.
This^ is what had me laughing so hard. :smilielol:
How many times in your life have you seen the opposition pleading with the officials that the opponent actually broke the plane of the goal line??? I mean, I truly believe that if the official hadn't ruled it a touchdown, the Lions' coach would have thrown the challenge flag! :hihi:

The Falcons fans today are saying, "We can't even fall down to win a football game!" :giggles:

Only the Flacons would blame that loss on one of their players putting points on the board.

Raheem blamed Gurley too. Hey Genius, if you didn't want him to score then why not kneel?

Agreed. Either way, it's not Gurley's fault.

I looked at the play-by-play.

You score a TD that puts the other team in a situation where they have to score a TD with 1:04 on the game clock without TO's to beat you, and the other team has only managed 16 points in 59 minutes of play. It may not be optimal, but it is not a bad situation to put your team on.

But more importantly, if you are the coach, you have to be aware of the situation. 1st and goal, on the 10 yard line, with 1:12 left, and the other team has no TO's. Taking knees puts the ball at ~15-18, still a cheap shot FG, and runs the clock.

You also need to be aware that in the Lions' situation, that the only real play the Lions had was to let you score to get the ball back.

That alone should be enough for a coach to call kneel downs and FG to secure the victory, but the previous play, Gurley actually fumbled the ball and luckily he recovered it. What more signs from the football gods do you want to get?

Two kneel-downs would have set up a, what, 33-yard FG attempt? 35?

Why even try to advance the ball? Do they have zero confidence in their kicker?

It's fun to chuckle at the falcons and their exploration of ways to lose football games. But my mind keep going to Trevor Lawrence holding up a falcon jersey on draft night. Hopefully they do just enough to avoid the top pick. And I don't want them to get Justin Fields either. So maybe they can finish just outside the top 5.

Only the Flacons would blame that loss on one of their players putting points on the board.

The FailClowns needed to get a first down inside the 5 in order to set up for the field goal. UPDATE: I was wrong about this. That play happened on 1st and goal. So, in fact it was just plain dumb on the FailClowns part.

The Detriot defender shoved Gurley, then let him go hoping he'd cross the goal line. And that's exactly what happened.

SFIAH

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom