N/S I can't help it. This article about the Falcons made me smile... (1 Viewer)

It's fun to chuckle at the falcons and their exploration of ways to lose football games. But my mind keep going to Trevor Lawrence holding up a falcon jersey on draft night. Hopefully they do just enough to avoid the top pick. And I don't want them to get Justin Fields either. So maybe they can finish just outside the top 5.

i was actually hoping they would hold on as well. But if consolation is more schadenfreude then I’ll live with it. They may start Blank at halfback next game.

i was actually hoping they would hold on as well. But if consolation is more schadenfreude then I’ll live with it. They may start Blank at halfback next game.

Well the thing about is that if you look at their schedule they have a lot of winnable games left. They have the talent on offense to play with anyone but mentally they're cooked. Hopefully that can rise up and win a few more games.

But no matter what they'll be able to get up for the games against us. It doesn't matter what's going on they play us like it's their Super Bowl. In 2014 they went 6-10 but swept the Saints.

The FailClowns needed to get a first down inside the 5 in order to set up for the field goal. UPDATE: I was wrong about this. That play happened on 1st and goal. So, in fact it was just plain dumb on the FailClowns part.

The Detriot defender shoved Gurley, then let him go hoping he'd cross the goal line. And that's exactly what happened.

SFIAH

And as a coach to come out and call out the player?
Lord...

Well the thing about is that if you look at their schedule they have a lot of winnable games left. They have the talent on offense to play with anyone but mentally they're cooked. Hopefully that can rise up and win a few more games.

But no matter what they'll be able to get up for the games against us. It doesn't matter what's going on they play us like it's their Super Bowl. In 2014 they went 6-10 but swept the Saints.

yes and luckily Blank has never seemed the type to condone rolling over. They will win a few

I don't believe for a minute that the Falcons won't be trying to win football games the rest of the year. I can guarantee you that if we don't play our best games against them in the coming weeks, we will lose those games. Those players are still playing for their jobs and they aren't thinking about the 'Trevor Derby' one bit.

Last edited:
I watched the highlights and couldn't get over how they got a roughing the passer flag on a perfect tackle of Stafford. I couldn't even enjoy the rest of the clips and ultimate failure after that. The NFL takes the joy out of everything.

It's fun to chuckle at the falcons and their exploration of ways to lose football games. But my mind keep going to Trevor Lawrence holding up a falcon jersey on draft night. Hopefully they do just enough to avoid the top pick. And I don't want them to get Justin Fields either. So maybe they can finish just outside the top 5.
The Falcons getting Trevor Lawrence?

"Hold my beer"--the NFC East :hihi:

They are trying to run Gurley out of town today...
Only the Falcons would blame that loss on one of their players putting points on the board.

Raheem blamed Gurley too. Hey Genius, if you didn't want him to score then why not kneel?
It was reported earlier today (92.9 The Game, Atlanta Sports station) they were told not to score a TD a couple on plays previous to the score. As you can clearly see, Gurley tried to stop himself from crossing the goal line but his momentum carried him over. Regardless, this amounts to an epic fail by the coaching staff.

They could just kneel twice and kick the winning field goal but Gurley also made a boneheaded decision here. When Detroit #24 tried to tackle him at the 4 yard line, Gurley should’ve go down but he said “hold my beer!!” and tried to get out of that tackle. By the time #24 realized that Gurley was telling him to hold his beer and let go, Gurley’s momentum pulled him to the end zone

Not much confidence in the fg unit. Glad that's Atlanta's problem. The horrible d should have never seen the field at the end. Falcons lost this one. Early Christmas gift for Detroit it was.

It was reported earlier today (92.9 The Game, Atlanta Sports station) they were told not to score a TD a couple on plays previous to the score. As you can clearly see, Gurley tried to stop himself from crossing the goal line but his momentum carried him over. Regardless, this amounts to an epic fail by the coaching staff.

It was 1st down. Kneel it 3 times and kick the field goal.

Don’t blame an offensive player for doing what he’s paid to do...

What happens if he fumbles?

They're going to win games. They are not as bad as their record. If they stop piling up historic, crazy ways to lose they could win 5-7 games this year. Hopefully not against us, but they will definitely bring it and they have weapons.

Still funny to see the Detroit player signaling and celebrating the other team scoring

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom