I concede the MVP (1 Viewer)

Umm, the AP MVP essentially is the NFL MVP considering the winner of the AP MVP is the person that is honored at the NFL Honors award ceremony the day before the Super Bowl.

Washington Post: The AP NFL awards, which essentially serve as the official league honors, will be announced on Feb. 6, a day before Super Bowl 50

Last paragraph in that link.

Also, other than Pro_bowl designation they are the only awards allowed to be used for contract bonus's . Another thing is that the AP voters have to have their votes in before the start of the playoffs so that post season stats are NOT used to determine the winner.

Umm, the AP MVP essentially is the NFL MVP considering the winner of the AP MVP is the person that is honored at the NFL Honors award ceremony the day before the Super Bowl.

Washington Post: The AP NFL awards, which essentially serve as the official league honors, will be announced on Feb. 6, a day before Super Bowl 50

Last paragraph in that link.
On Paper sure. but as for my personal preference...
Coaches smarter than writers
Brees > Manning
Bert Bell > Joseph Pulitzer

Brees 3 wins from the MVP and probably can afford to lose one of the last 3 games now.

But at 14-2 the award is certainly his.

On Paper sure. but as for my personal preference...
Coaches smarter than writers
Brees > Manning
Bert Bell > Joseph Pulitzer

Many of the AP voters are former players and coaches that currently work in the media. Some are former MVP's themselves. (Gannon, Aikman, etc)

After tonight, the MVP talk for Drew Brees is officially over. My Lord, he's closer to the Least Valuable Player at this point.

After tonight's game, that should stick a fork in the MVP stuff.

It's Mahomes' award to lose.

I want another ring and am starting to get worried with this offense struggling the last 3 games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom