I didn't realize how tough our schedule was till now. (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Played against two Playoff caliber teams. We still have Car 2x TB 2x, Seattle, Denver, Cards, and KC.

Wins aren't coming easy.

Or maybe at all. That's why I'm annoyed at the ones who are trying to blow sunshine all over the place. This season isn't getting easier, it's getting a lot harder. We played like this against two of the easier teams on the schedule, what are we going to do against Carolina and Denver?

I'm predicting a minimum of 6 losses just in the teams you named.

We're playing for next year.

While no one would admit that, I think in some ways we are. Throw the rookies out there, casting off serviceable vets, picking up a rookie kicker at the 12th hour to throw him out there.

If you think of the season as being 32 games, where only the last 16 count, then this could be seen as a good start towards building a team that could compete next year.

...or maybe I'm just trying too hard to look on the bright side. :)

It was obvious how hard the schedule was but no one wants to be real before the season starts. Everyone just pumps sunshine and hates anyone who dares point out the obvious.

3 straight seasons opening 0-2. It has been a looooong time since we have been a good football team. We have to find satisfaction where ever we can, like at home against the Falcons.

Gonna be a long season.

Or maybe at all. That's why I'm annoyed at the ones who are trying to blow sunshine all over the place. This season isn't getting easier, it's getting a lot harder. We played like this against two of the easier teams on the schedule, what are we going to do against Carolina and Denver?

I'm predicting a minimum of 6 losses just in the teams you named.

I don't really blame you because nobody should like losing. I didn't really expect much winning this season to begin with, so I also see why others were praising the young players. They played defense better than what most thought.

There is a tough 6 game stretch coming up after the first 4 fairly easy games

We needed to start off at worst 3-1 and preferably 4-0 to start the season.

Carolina
@ KC
Seattle
@ SF
Denver
@ Carolina

The schedule is a big part of the reason why the national media consensus had us going around 4-12. I still think we finish better than that, but you can certainly understand why we were predicted as such.

We will split with Carolina this year. Mark it down.

If by "TOUGH" you mean "NFL teams", then yes, I agree. We are playing other NFL teams. Then, again, our Front Office should have known that we were scheduled to play NFL teams this year. As a matter of fact, I think we're scheduled to play 12 of them if I"m not mistaken. Eight once each and four twice each. I know it may have caught them by surprise. Maybe they thought they were playing the Little Sisters of Mercy or McDonough 35, but one look at the schedule, which comes out far in advance of training camp should have clarified the caliber of opponent they would have to face each week for the whole season long.

If they didn't look at the schedule, that is definitely an unfortunate mistake that could cost them a lot more than two losses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom