I do not follow (1 Viewer)

JDTM

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
the Giants, so could someone let me know, how do our receivers match up with their secondary, and our secondary with their receivers.

Burress generally creates mismatches simply by being 6'6". Toomer is gone for the season, and that's hurt their production at the other WR -- Tyree and Carter really haven't done much. Shockey leads the team in catches and is always a red-zone threat -- as always, our safeties will have their hands full, but they've done a decent job this year against guys like Crumpler and Witten.

For us, Colston will always be challenge for anyone because of his combination of size/strength/speed. Teams have to respect Henderson deep because of his speed, and of course Reggie will always create matchup problems. Probably will come down to what it always does -- can we give Brees time.

The Giants' secondary is much worse than the Saints, including the fact that the Saints are on their third string SS. Plaxico Burress often disappears for entire games. Toomer seems to always do well against us.

Anyone know if we get to wear home uniforms again?

Plexiglass is a threat, but I expect him to be the team player that he is and barely show up. I would say that Shockey is our biggest passing threat. Combine that with the way a few TE's have been killing us this year, Shockey should have a pretty good day. That hinges on Eli and the OC to get Shockey the ball early in the game. Thankfully, most of Shockey's catches and rouotes are rather short. He doesn't go deep that often. That could work to our advantage.

Our WR's however, provide much problems for their DB's. Their secondary blows and we should be able to expoit it often enough to keep the Giants at enough distance. With or without Strahan, we need to keep the DL at bay. Give Drew the time he needs and he will nullify the Giants running game .

On a side note. Wash completely destroyed the screen passes to RB. Instead of doing just side screens, I think Reggie could cause a mismatch with a LB if he screens up the middle.

That was a joke on last year's "Home" game in New York...

personally I think we wont have alot of trouble beating the giants, they seem to beat themselves, I'm not really scared of there secondary, there front 4 is good though, and with Amani Toomer out the only guy who can beat us is Plaxico...gibbs better not have Thomas matched against him 6'5 against 5'9 is just dumb, i know we play man defense and the corners dont switch off, but this game we should....I dont think it will be a dog fight, I think we can put more up on this defense than the offense can put up on us, we just have to be weary of there run game.

Not worried. Blitz Eli up the middle and he looks like a lost puppy. Expect a big day from Mike McKenzie. Hopefully this weekend we blitz, unlike last game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom