I don't get it. (1 Viewer)

While watching the game conclude, I was telling my buddies how it will only take a minute or two for a "we're the best 0-2 team in the league" kinda thread to pop up on SR.com. I've seen this too many times before....meaning the situation. After watching the NFL closely for 40 years, you kinda know where it's headed. This team is full of holes and is now playing catch up. Not impossible, not probable.

Some people only see success in terms of the win-loss column. These are the people who are going to be upset. I don't care what anybody says, a 3-point loss at the last second is NOT the same as getting blown out by 30 points. It's just not. Your loss column says it's the same thing, but if you have half a functioning brain, the difference is quite obvious.

Tomorrow is Monday....do you not work? Sun will come up tomorrow....yeah ok I'll be inside working....you my friend are taking this too far

Yes I do work. So for everyone who works inside, the sun will not come out tomorrow because you're inside and it's Monday.

Starting off 0-2 is a big obstacle that is hard to overcome. Unlike baseball, we don't have that many games to make up for this slow start. Regardless of how close the games are, a loss is a loss and a win is a win. It is what it is sadly. We win next week with the offense. I think the defense will struggle, but not badly enough to hurt us.

While watching the game conclude, I was telling my buddies how it will only take a minute or two for a "we're the best 0-2 team in the league" kinda thread to pop up on SR.com. I've seen this too many times before....meaning the situation. After watching the NFL closely for 40 years, you kinda know where it's headed. This team is full of holes and is now playing catch up. Not impossible, not probable.

I did not say we are the best 0-2 team. You my friend are wrong. The point of this post is some people on here take the loss too hard and frankly football in general too serious.

I did not say we are the best 0-2 team. You my friend are wrong. The point of this post is some people on here take the loss too hard and frankly football in general too serious.

We lost twice by 3 points or less is kind of the same thing.

I'm not taking it too serious either. During training camp I kind of drank the koolaid in reference to team culture, etc. During the pre-season I came back to my senses and realized that we just don't have the talent. My expectations are low. With my expectations in check, there is no reason to take this loss or any other hard.

I remember the 1-15 saints teams with Archie Manning.

They were in almost every game, especially early in the season. Put up lots of points on offense too against good teams.

But they just always found creative ways to lose and would generally lose but be within 1 score or thereabouts.

Just didn't know how to win or finish and also had a poor defense. So, I take very little comfort given that we are losing off of bad decisions in game, bad personnel decisions, TO mismanagement etc.

Do you think it takes a toll on the team psychology watching Fleener drop the ball again and again?

We can be close right now but when I see the difference in bad decisions, and recurring issues, I don't know how to believe that is going to reverse itself far enough.

We are two plays from being 2-0 and everything would be all peaches and cream around here. TWO PLAYS! I'm frustrated with the lack of success but some just take it to far. You guys just need to take it easy. The sun will come up tomorrow.

Oh just stop.

This is the same nonsense we heard at the beginning of 2014.

And the Giants did pretty much everything they could to hand the Saints this game. Even the officials gave us an Eli fumble that we probably didn't deserve. If a team still needs "1 or 2 plays" after all the breaks the Saints caught, maybe they just weren't very good that day.

We are two plays from being 2-0 and everything would be all peaches and cream around here. TWO PLAYS! I'm frustrated with the lack of success but some just take it to far. You guys just need to take it easy. The sun will come up tomorrow.

The same thing we said last year...we quote on quote a few plays or two from winning ....enought

A loss is a loss whether it's by 3 or 30. This is the NFL point differential doesn't mean squat.

Most all positive today and yesterday after the game. There are a few bad apples but it just proves my point that when we win the fans on here tend to overlook the negative.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom