I don't like being down to our 3rd left tackle (1 Viewer)

Strief has proven to be better then Bushrod at this point based on their total bodies of work over their careers so far.

So I don't think we are losing anything. The only real worry is if Strief is hurt, in which case then it would be time to panic.

Knowning Payton though, he'd figure something out and I'm actually confident our D can help carry us if our offensive production drops some.

We'll have to keep extra blockers in, which is something neither Brees nor Payton prefers. It's going to suck. But the offense can still be very effective (clearly), the wide receivers have to win their individual matchups though.

We need Lance Moore back though, he's one of our best zone-busters.

if he don't bring up the practice squad player that we signed i would expect carl nicks to play tackle and nesbit to fill in at guard.

The good news is the Jets RDE and ROLB have combined for 0 sacks since the beginning of last season. As long as whoever we put in knows their assignments we'll be fine.

I'm pretty sure Nesbit played OT before so he'll probably be the backup.

Crap, this doesn't mean "Can he play LT?" is going to be the new catch-phrase, does it?

Nicks would move over and Leckey would man the guard... my best guess

We are fine with Strief at LT, he has backed up Brown since 2006. Lets just pray he stays healthy and if needed Bushrod can play if he does go down. My theory is, Bushrod is nicked up but probably could play if we really needed him to, payton did the same thing with Strief in the preseason. Payton is probably making sure he doesn't aggravate the injury even more so we will always have two left tackles.

If Lance is full go do you think we move him back into our emergency 3rd QB spot, put Daniels back on the PS and promote that OT we just signed? Or do you think we are better off moving Nesbit to LT?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom