I dont like this scenario..... (1 Viewer)

They gave the Giants the bye? I think they'll change that after last night. As long as we make the playoffs, I'll be happy.

I hate playing a team that we played the week before but it wont matter after we win the division.

man... please... this team needs to figure a FEW things out before we get carried away. Playoffs aren't a concern if this team can't win a game. It isn't like the Saints have been beaten soundly by the opposing teams. They have really done themselves in on most of these losses. The bad part is that the season is winding down and they should be looking much better for a REAL playoff push.

This **** must be contagious..... now even Brees is in on the act. Question: Who here really believes that with the way this team has played they could beat ANY of the teams listed in the NFC? Just a little food for thought. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
It worked out pretty well for us last time.

Yup. But the season-ending game didn't mean anything to us and meant everything to the Rams that year. We had already clinched the division but even with a win we couldn't get a bye. I don't see us going into the New Year's Eve game with us already having clinched the division this year....

That means we are in the playoffs!
A new coaching staff, a roster overhaul with work still to do, a new QB, several rookies starting and contributing...........I would love it!

We have tough schedule ahead of of us. In order for us to even have a chance to get into the playoffs we have to win all 3 of our remaining home games (San Francisco, Washington, and Carolina) and at least 1 road game (Atlanta, Dallas, and N.Y. Giants).

Even though we are very capable of achieving this right now 2 major things are hurting us.

1. Playoff teams usually start peaking in November and build momentum into December. So far we're 1-2 this month. This is not good for a team trying to make the playoffs. Even if we beat Atl we'll only be 2-2 for the month of November. Right now we're going downhill instead of uphill and the slide has been awful.

2. Injuries - We have several of our key people banged up and playing at less than 100% (Reggie has played hurt all season, Horn played hurt last week, as did Freddie T) Also, Stecker and Copper are banged up. We still have not recovered from Harper's loss. And now with Colston hurt that will play a major factor going into the final stretch.

I believe that we can overcome #1, especially since all of our losses have come about due to turnovers. We haven't been physically whooped by anyone. We have beaten ourselves. That can be corrected. Now, #2 is a whole different matter all together. There's not much a coach can do about fixing injuries and he has no control over who gets injured and how long it will for him to recover. All of need to send up some special prayers that our team gets healed and quickly. If we withstand the injury bug I believe that we'll make it to the playoffs and I'll be happy regardless of who we play.

:gosaints:

man... please... this team needs to figure a FEW things out before we get carried away. Playoffs aren't a concern if this team can't win a game. It isn't like the Saints have been beaten soundly by the opposing teams. They have really done themselves in on most of these losses. The bad part is that the season is winding down and they should be looking much better for a REAL playoff push.

This **** must be contagious..... now even Brees is in on the act. Question: Who here really believes that with the way this team has played they could beat ANY of the teams listed in the NFC? Just a little food for thought. Enjoy!

Actually if the turnovers are cleaned up, this team will probably dominate most of those teams. I just have a feeling that the Saints will come out and play mistake free football this weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom