I don't think Brees gets enough respect nationally (1 Viewer)

Doooooooosssseeeeeeeeee
Reaction score
I was just watching NFL Total access and Schefter was talking about the state of the franchise Cowboys. He said "You can make an argument that Romo is the best quarterback in the NFC" This I don't have so much of a problem with... but then he goes on to say that you could also make a case for McNabb, and Hasslebeck.

I might be kind of a homer here, but I would definitely place Brees in the 2nd tier of QB's behind Brady and Manning. How can he not even mention Drew's name?

I know national pundits always do this, but for some reason this really chapped my Hyde.

What do you guys think?

Its debatable IMHO. Brees can make an offense look a lot better then it really is. the team he had this year he had to lead on his back and win some pretty gut wrenching games. I also think we ran an updated run and shoot offense that may have been modified a bit. But Brees is a damn good QB, you give him a great defense like we are trying to do at the moment and we will be in the playoffs again.

Brees only got sacked 15-16 times this year. So the question comes up: Is the O-line doing its job or is Brees a very smart QB that can avoid being sacked very well?

.........LOL, I was watching the same thing, and I immediatly thought......" someone's gonna make a thread about that" .....LOL and low and behold.....

All kidding aside, I don't care, they play favorites, that's the media.

Brees makes that line look 2x better than it really is.

I agree totally with the original post, Drew is a lot better that Homo. I think he proved that when he killed their dreams 2 season ago, 42-17. Romo also does not have a playoff game under his belt, sooo how can he be better than Breesie or McNabb? Yeah Romo led the Cowgirls to a great record last season, but that does not mean anything if you can't win in January. My vote Brees #1 in NFC hands down. Thats not just a homer pick, I think he is close to the most accurate QB in the league. Brees has one the most technically sound arms in the league, the form is just beautiful. I did not even see the segment on NFLN and I am slightly offended by that comment. (As you can tell!)

the o line is not as good as some think, brees is just that good... i think he could be on brady's level or possbily better (homerism) with a better o line

If they said "you can make an argument" that Romo or McNabb or Hasselbeck is the best QB in the NFC, than I don't see the problem. All of them DO have a good argument. They didn't say that any of them are hands down the best in the NFC. Are you just hurt because they didn't say Drew Brees by name? Sounds like they didn't mention Bulger either, and I'd say he deserves to be in the conversation.

We all know how good Brees is. Stop being sensitive.

Is the O-line doing its job or is Brees a very smart QB that can avoid being sacked very well?

I think it has more to do with how quickly Brees gets rid of the ball. The o line isnt terrible or anything it just seems better than it probably is because Drew makes a quick read and throws.

How many playoff games has Romo won? Brees? Hasselback? McNabb? Clearly, if you are using this standard to judge by, McNabb is the best. If you look at what WR's a QB has had to work with and how much he accomplished, McNabb is still the best, but Drew comes in 2nd. Personally, I would rank them McNabb 1 and Brees 2, if both were healthy for a full season. Brees has the chance to be better, he just needs to be consistantly in the playoffs and have the ability to put the game on his shoulders and make something happen. In the past, McNabb was able to do so with his feet, but now with deterioration in health and age, McNabb is becoming mostly a pocket passer. Brees, it seems is in his prime now and it looks like he will be there for the next 4 years or more. Give him another year of production and playoff wins, and he will get his respect.

By the way, many of the guys on Sirius rank Brees just behind Manning and Brady, in the same lump with Palmer. He also won co man of the year, so we can't say he doesn't get any respect. This is a what have you done for me lately league. Talking heads have their opinions, but those who know football know how good Drew is in our system.

Schefter is a pud...

Romo is the "hot" QB (by hot I mean rising, and he QB's dallas) but noone that is a solid analyst argues Romo is the best in the NFC.

The most solid analyst (IMHO) is Jaws, His opinion is that you have Brady/manning top tier, and Brees/Palmer right behind them..

I have heard this opinion echoed by about a half dozen of so talking heads over the last two season,

I think Brees gets plenty of love by people who know football nationally....

I am not ready to anoint a QB who has had a total of one good season throwing the ball to Terrell Owens the best anything...

Wow. So many are ready to crap on the rest of the NFC QBs just because ONE TIME they didn't mention Drew Brees in a segment concerning the NFC's best QBs.

Just remember our 0-4 start last year before you all proclaim Brees to be hands down better than Romo and every other QB in the NFC. I happen to think he IS better than Romo, but I don't have a problem if someone wants to offer an argument why a Romo or a Hasselbeck may be better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom