I don't think Brees gets enough respect nationally (1 Viewer)

If they said "you can make an argument" that Romo or McNabb or Hasselbeck is the best QB in the NFC, than I don't see the problem. All of them DO have a good argument. They didn't say that any of them are hands down the best in the NFC. Are you just hurt because they didn't say Drew Brees by name? Sounds like they didn't mention Bulger either, and I'd say he deserves to be in the conversation.

We all know how good Brees is. Stop being sensitive.

Nah the point I was trying to make is that if one could make a case for ANY qb in the NFC Brees would have to be in it. I was being a little sensitive. I'm just so grateful to have such a great QB and person on the team.

He should have at least been in the conversation.

Schefter is a pud...

Romo is the "hot" QB (by hot I mean rising, and he QB's dallas) but noone that is a solid analyst argues Romo is the best in the NFC.

The most solid analyst (IMHO) is Jaws, His opinion is that you have Brady/manning top tier, and Brees/Palmer right behind them..

I have heard this opinion echoed by about a half dozen of so talking heads over the last two season,

I think Brees gets plenty of love by people who know football nationally....

And based on pure talent, I would put Palmer ahead of Brees. That's just my opinion though.
A case can also be made for Jeff Garcia with regards to top of the NFC.

I would agree with SWJJ that Jaws seems to be one of the very few analysts with any sense. I wouldn't pay attention to any of the other hacks. Just like conservative radio, they are trained to spew crap just to aggravate people...
Personally, I'd rather Brees not get mentioned. Before last season, when everyone was talking us up as the favorites in the NFC, I had absolutely no idea what to do. I'd rather be the underdog and sneak up on people. I've been a Saints fan my entire life...maybe I'm just used to being the underdog...

My personal non-scientific estimate of teams wins in the 2007 season starting their backup QB:
Pats wins without Brady - 8+
Colts without Manning - 6+
Cowboys without Romo - 7+
Chargers without Rivers - 9+
Eagles without McNabb - 4 max
Seahawks without Hasselbeck (sp?) - 3+
Saints without Brees - 0

This doesn't mean he is the best or shoulda' been the MVP. I'm just saying, the line between good and great has a lot more to do with "team" than it does with self. For example A, see Manning, Archie.

I Disagree Homie

No one outside New Orleans thinks Brees is a top 3 quarterback. That's just the truth.

I stay in Dallas and i've heard more times then i can count listening on the radio that drew brees is and arguable top 3. And i think it is arguable. You can throw in several names but in every LEGIT catagory has him as a top 5, usually 3,4,and 5 are all changed up. Until he puts up a couple more seasons like the last two it will be an argument until then and it should be cause alot of elite all have an argument.

Face it guys, those analysts are just wanting to be Romo's wingman when he hits the party circuit.

While Jessica Simpson's brainy self is probably a better match for Romo, how many amongst you wouldn't have loved to have played Goose to Romo's Maverick and run interference for him with Carrie Underwood while he played for the runner-up prize in typical cowpattie fashion. :Singe1301:

Face it guys, those analysts are just wanting to be Romo's wingman when he hits the party circuit.

While Jessica Simpson's brainy self is probably a better match for Romo, how many amongst you wouldn't have loved to have played Goose to Romo's Maverick and run interference for him with Carrie Underwood while he played for the runner-up prize in typical cowpattie fashion. :Singe1301:

I agree. Romo is the sexy choice to say is the best in the NFC. This is at least part of the reason that he gets so much attention.

Shhhhh.... we like sneaking up on teams. Like they don't know already how good Brees is. ;)

I think Brees got TONS of respect. I recall virtually every pundit picking him to lead the Saints into the Super Bowl. I recall virtually every pundit raving about the best offense (the Saints) in the NFL.

Now, just because he tossed up a ton of INTs as last season started, and the supposedly Super Bowl-bound Saints lost 4 in a row to start their season, just because of that Brees isn't getting respect? Is THAT how qb earns respect in the NFL? I'm sure you're a great fan- don't let that blind you to reality. Brees is getting just as much respect as he has earned. Don't compare him to Romo or anyone else. Compare him to his own record.

Personally I think a bunch of the analysts forget Brees is in the NFC...there is no other explaination why you here so many pundits mention Romo, Hassellbeck and McNabb as top QB's while not mentioning Brees.

I can't come up with any other reasons for the snubb. Any NFL fan that pays attention can see Hasselbeck and McNabb of late is nowhere near Brees' level.

Schefter is just playing to the larger markets because he probably has more viewers from those cities than New Orleans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom