I don't think Jim Carrey likes Fox News (1 Viewer)

Who here would ever put any weight into political thoughts provided by some B-list actor?

The sad thing is that Fox News is actually funnier than Jim Carrey.

Which really isn't that hard.

But, wait, Fox News isn't supposed to be a joke.

What a conundrum.

Who here would ever put any weight into political thoughts provided by some B-list actor?

Would anyone put any weight into political thoughts provided by an A list actor?
Hope not. I hope you only put weight into your own political thoughts, not some celebrity.

I listen to Fox News, msnbc,and CNN. I don't believe anything hannity Chris Mathews or piers Morgan says. Orielly and Anderson Cooper actually seem to be fair to me even though both slant toward their beliefs. If you don't want to see biased crap, avoid the first three. I'll watch Mathews or Morgan for entertainment but I don't take them seriously. People should do the same with Hannity and the other hard core guys

Agreed. I actually tape both oriely and Cooper everyday to watch in bed at night. Only tolerable 2 people in any channel. Although I do like redeye on Fox, just don't stay up that late to be able to watch it the same day.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Except Three, on Heston, Carrey's comments were insensitive, nasty, and highly disrespectful to one of greatest actors in Hollywood's Golden Age whose name became poison due to him turning right-wing in an industry that's known to tilt left. Especially since he can't defend himself anymore. Imagine if Dennis Miller or right-wing comic did a skit mocking gay-marriage and personally attacked "weird, self-indulgent" personal lives of Holywood celebrities, past or present. Just go for the jugular, just to let off steam to tell some "inconvenient truths". It would be dispicable irregardless of who said it or the political slant behind it, but then again, that ship's already sailed because I can watch Real Time with Bill Maher compare "******** kids to dogs", and get pointers on how to make inappropriate, vicious un-PC jokes to people I know or on here and tell them if they get offended, to grow a pair or be nasty, condescending to them in replying in a thread or arguing with them.

I don't think Carrey's saying anything most level-headed people don't already know. No reason to get all worked up over it.

I hate the way he made fun of a dead Charleston Heston. That was repugnant. People need to view that video if they haven't to see what kind of scum Carrey is.

I'm not sure why there's any reverence for Heston or why anyone has ever cared one way or another what an entertainer thinks about politics, but thanks to your post I watched the video and found it to be hilarious.

There's a lot of funny and insightful political commentary in there.

The Sam Elliot lines are the best.

Maybe it's time to watch one of Carrey's movies? probably not.

I don't think Carrey's saying anything most level-headed people don't already know. No reason to get all worked up over it.

So you think hunters, target shooters, and gun enthusiasts are responsible for most gun crimes?

Well that would be easy if thousands of people didn't walk around all day regurgitating the stuff they hear from Fox News. People don't watch or read news with a little healthy skepticism anymore. No more fact checking. If it's in the internet, it must be true mentalities. He's probably tired of overhearing people saying things like: " Gas has gone up 20 cents in a day, thanks Obama". It gets sad hearing people spew garbage they hear from any source and can't think for their own. I'm sure all biased media watchers are guilty but Fox News watchers seem to talk about it more and loudly. Maybe he's just fed up?

Someone used a term last week to describe people listening to and giving credibility to those who share similar views as "affinity credibility."

I think it's an interesting thought.

Someone who thinks guns are an unregulatable right believe whoever has their opinion when it comes to the Constitution and, by extension, most every other opinion. On the economy, if someone believes abortion should be illegal and welfare queens make hundreds of thousands bilking us hard workers out of SS checks then they tend to believe the economic arguments of folks like Romney and the supply siders. If they believe that government has a role in economic growth, they tend to give credibility to the other political beliefs of those like Krugman.

Interesting.

I like him so I believe him. He's like me so he must be right.

Must be something wrong with the education system where they're forgetting to teach critical thinking skills.

Would anyone put any weight into political thoughts provided by an A list actor?
Hope not. I hope you only put weight into your own political thoughts, not some celebrity.

This post completely illustrates the point I was making earlier.

What kind of nut would only listen or consider their own thoughts?

What sort of rational being could ignore the thoughts of others?

Hell, how can you even form your own thoughts without considering the considered opinions of those you know, respect or those who came before?

I'll listen to Hannity or Rush or whomever has an opinion. It's how you gather facts and expand your understanding and, for what it's worth, if you don't listen to or understand the arguments of those with whom you disagree, then you're an idiot and don't even know whether you actually agree or not.

Blind, belligerent arrogance is trusting your own original thoughts without concern for the thoughts of others.

Heck. Some people grow up liking the Falcons and Cowboys. Don't they owe it to themselves to listen to the rest of the world's contempt for their teams and better themselves?

I make my own judgments on political views using rational thought.
I don't take what Carrey, Voight, Rush, or whoever, be it a celebrity, or analyst, to influence my beliefs just because they said it. I know MANY people who hear something that Rush or Carville, or others like that, that take that stuff as fact, just because they heard it from them.
I really don't care what any celebrity has to say politically, they have the right as anyone else to say what they want.
I have friends that have completely different views as mine. That doesn't stop me from still being friends with someone. Just like I'm not gonna 'boycott' a celebrity just because he's an idiot or had different views than me..
If you live life avoiding people and places just because you don't have the same views or beliefs, you will live a sad life.

So you think hunters, target shooters, and gun enthusiasts are responsible for most gun crimes?

I was referring to the original post. I haven't paid attention to the Heston bit.

Those people on FOX News don't actually have those views, they're told to have those views. I'm glad they made such a stink about it, otherwise I wouldn't have seen that hillarious Sam Elliot impersonation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom