I dont think we played bad today and I will explain why (2 Viewers)

I for one was more impressed that Baltimore came out and made the most of every opportunity with their offense when we handed it to them. Unfortunately, we did not do the same.

I live close enough to Baltimore to hear talk about how inept their offense seemingly has been playing. We made them look better than they probably are.

I don't know about you guys, but I am beginning to hate that swing pass out in the flat to Reggie, especially as early in the game as we tried to use it. The reason I hate it is that it is starting Reggie out with lateral (side to side) movement. Coach Payton needs to recognize this now and adjust to a more down the field attack with Reggie, instead of trapping him behind the line. At least next time, if he fumbles, he will be further down the field.

Well, I thought the Ravens were the better team yesterday. But, not by much. The Ravens were simply presented with gift after gift yesterday. I didn't like the TO's, but I can live with those. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way.
Now the penalties are something different. They were killers. This offense isn't built to be consistently looking at 1st and 15.

On the Bush pick, Colsten stated that he lost it in the lights. I believe him based on what it looked like during the play. Still, I thought Reggie should have lead him to the sidelines, not deep. Again, those things will happen.

I'll be interested to see how this team responds this week.

I'm not sure what game y'all saw but we stunk it up on both sides of the ball. How can you not be upset when the 26th ranked offense tore up our defense? I expected our offense to struggle but our D was horrible.

If coughing the ball up four times and committing 10 penalties (felt like 20) then what exactly constitutes bad play?

I eagerly await your comments...

5 turnovers (2 for TD); Team net rushing of 35 yards; 10 penalties and giving up 35 points at home.

Call me crazy, but that is not playing good.

5 turnovers (2 for TD); Team net rushing of 35 yards; 10 penalties and giving up 35 points at home.

Call me crazy, but that is not playing good.

Points taken on the 3 of the turnovers and on the rushing game.

But two of the interceptions (one for TD) were on tipped balls ... therefore, flukes.

The Saints didn't really give up 35 offensive points ... they gave up 21, 7 of which were on one flukey play (Heap's pinball TD).

On top of that, there was Colston losing a likely TD pass from Bush in the lights. So, despite the mistakes the Saints did make, this game was very much winnable, IMHO. It was not a domination, like the Bears-Niners game.

The game was only winnable if they had not made the mistakes...

The game was only winnable if they had not made the mistakes...
Well ... I'd say the game was winnable even with some mistakes, just of a different nature. Balls being tipped right into Ravens' hands weren't just mistakes, they were flukes in Baltimore's favor.

Stecker dropping that pass out of the backfield would've still been a mistake. But the ball bouncing off his shoulder pads high into the air was a fluke in Baltimore's favor. Colston losing the easy jump-ball TD in the lights was a fluke in Baltimore's favor. Heap's tip-drill TD was a fluke in Baltimore's favor.

A lot of things rolled in Baltimore's favor in that game that had nothing to do with the Raven's effort at all.

Oh -- and I never even mentioned the tuck-rule thing that took a turnover away from the Saints. Even the Baltimore writers are regarding that as a referee screw-up. It happened on the Saints' side of the field ... could've been 3 points right there, if not better.

i feel like it was a bad game for the team and that is all. i don't think baltimore is a better team by any means. every team has days like that. they just weren't firing on all cylinders sunday!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom