Saints I expect a lot of blitzes vs Da Raiders (1 Viewer)

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Derek Carr has been rattled by the pass rush since his injury. He speeds up his progression when there’s pressure. Their o line is decent and we don’t want to give him time to throw deep. I expect Dennis Allen to blitz around 30%. Hopefully not any cornerback blitzes 🙈

Also, I wonder how we will guard Ruggs in man defense. Will we put Lattimore on him when he lines up in the slot?

I expect us to get multiple INTS in this game. CGJ could have a big game.
We still have not allowed a 100 yard rusher, and that’s going to be important in this game with Josh Jacobs and their line. If we make Derek Carr throw early and often we can force him to make mistakes.

This team is as focused as ever so I don’t think they’ll take the raiders lightly. Especially after they beat Carolina in week 1.

Derek Carr has been rattled by the pass rush since his injury. He speeds up his progression when there’s pressure. Their o line is decent and we don’t want to give him time to throw deep. I expect Dennis Allen to blitz around 30%. Hopefully not any cornerback blitzes 🙈

Also, I wonder how we will guard Ruggs in man defense. Will we put Lattimore on him when he lines up in the slot?

I expect us to get multiple INTS in this game. CGJ could have a big game.
We still have not allowed a 100 yard rusher, and that’s going to be important in this game with Josh Jacobs and their line. If we make Derek Carr throw early and often we can force him to make mistakes.

This team is as focused as ever so I don’t think they’ll take the raiders lightly. Especially after they beat Carolina in week 1.
you’re not getting multiple interceptions this week, very hard to sack Carr.( unless Brandon Parker at Rt- than throw that prediction out the window.
Raiders offense line Is one of the top offense lines . Rt Trent Brown looks like He won’t play. ( thats is a big loss) . Backup guard Denzel Good was forced to play Rt, and more than held his own. Hopefully Gruden doesn’t play Brandon Parker at Rt.( will be bad news for Carr health)

The Raiders strength is all their backs are excellent receivers , their Te‘s can all block and excellent pass catchers - Darren Waller6’6 255 with legit 4.4 speed. .( you will see a lot two aTe formations with Gruden) . Raiders have a lot of young quality Wr’s. Two rookies on the outside H Ruggs, and B Edwards. Slot receiver Hunter Renfrow/ sometime n Agholor . Hopefully he activates Rico Gafford( Ruggs lite- sub 4.3 speed) this week as Defense cheated when Ruggs was nursing an injury.

I’m confident the offense going to move the football all day. What they get from very young defense is anyone guess.

you’re not getting multiple interceptions this week, very hard to sack Carr.( unless Brandon Parker at Rt- than throw that prediction out the window.
Raiders offense line Is one of the top offense lines . Rt Trent Brown looks like He won’t play. ( thats is a big loss) . Backup guard Denzel Good was forced to play Rt, and more than held his own. Hopefully Gruden doesn’t play Brandon Parker at Rt.( will be bad news for Carr health)

The Raiders strength is all their backs are excellent receivers , their Te‘s can all block and excellent pass catchers - Darren Waller6’6 255 with legit 4.4 speed. .( you will see a lot two aTe formations with Gruden) . Raiders have a lot of young quality Wr’s. Two rookies on the outside H Ruggs, and B Edwards. Slot receiver Hunter Renfrow/ sometime n Agholor . Hopefully he activates Rico Gafford( Ruggs lite- sub 4.3 speed) this week as Defense cheated when Ruggs was nursing an injury.

I’m confident the offense going to move the football all day. What they get from very young defense is anyone guess.
Have you heard of a guy named Cam Jordan? Carr won’t have anyone open to throw to. And Ruggs is out? Oh it’s going to be a good day for the Saints D.

Have you heard of a guy named Cam Jordan? Carr won’t have anyone open to throw to. And Ruggs is out? Oh it’s going to be a good day for the Saints D.
If Trent Brown was out there everyone would be asking Cam Jordan who? He would totally neutralize him. Let’s see who playing Rt for the Raiders this week. Praying it’s not B Parker.(Carr in trouble If that’s the case) . Hopefully its Raiders backup guard Denzel Good ( did great job last week) .

You’re seriously under-rating the Raiders offense talent. Big mistake. Ruggs is playing Monday night. You better worry about stopping Te/ Wr Darren Waller who is serious mismatch whoever he lines up against.Don’t sleep on Fellow rookie B Edwards . H Renfrow will catch a lot of passes out of the slot,
The question is what will the Raiders defense do.( much harder to predict ). Helps tremendous to not have to play against M Thomas.

Saints were not sharp offensively last week. The passing game was very sub-par. Correcting that against the Raiders is crucial.
The Raiders are no ducks. The Saints D will be challanged.
I expect a close game with the Saints taking the W.

If Trent Brown was out there everyone would be asking Cam Jordan who? He would totally neutralize him. Let’s see who playing Rt for the Raiders this week. Praying it’s not B Parker.(Carr in trouble If that’s the case) . Hopefully its Raiders backup guard Denzel Good ( did great job last week) .

You’re seriously under-rating the Raiders offense talent. Big mistake. Ruggs is playing Monday night. You better worry about stopping Te/ Wr Darren Waller who is serious mismatch whoever he lines up against.Don’t sleep on Fellow rookie B Edwards . H Renfrow will catch a lot of passes out of the slot,
The question is what will the Raiders defense do.( much harder to predict ). Helps tremendous to not have to play against M Thomas.

there’s not an offensive lineman on earth that would make anyone say “Cam Who”. Stop it.
You’re obviously a homer but at least be somewhat realistic.

there’s not an offensive lineman on earth that would make anyone say “Cam Who”. Stop it.
You’re obviously a homer but at least be somewhat realistic.
Trent Brown 6’8 - 6’9 380 isn‘t getting paid Qb money for no reason. He plays- C Jordan will have no effect on the game. Again T Brown when healthy is right up there with the best Rt in the game. This is the same talk Panther fans had they were going to get six sacks against the Raiders offense line. They had zero sacks, and that‘s after losing their starting ,and backup Rt in the first couple of plays. ( backup guard played there).
Strength ( Saints Dline versus strength ( Raiders offense line) .

Last edited:
I have a feeling these claims about "Cam Who" are not going to age well, I don't care who you have at RT Cam will get his pressure. Rankins being healthy in the middle stops Cam from getting double teamed, he may not win them all but will not be quiet all game long.

The performance against the panthers is irrelevant, that defense lost their identity when the lost their head coach and Luke retired. He was their coach on the field and is not going to be replaced week one with no preseason. They did not have enough time to learn to adjust yet. If you are pounding your chest on that performance thinking it means anything vs the Saints Dline, you are delusional.

Trent Brown 6’8 - 6’9 380 isn‘t getting paid Qb money for no reason. He plays- C Jordan will have no effect on the game. Again T Brown when healthy is right up there with the best Rt in the game. This is the same talk Panther fans had they were going to get six sacks against the Raiders offense line. They had zero sacks, and that‘s after losing their starting ,and backup Rt in the first couple of plays. ( backup guard played there).

The Panthers Defensive Line is not the Saints Defensive Line. PFF put the Panthers at #29 and the Saints at #13, but I think the Saints are higher than that with some of their young players who have gotten really good, really fast. Saints ended last season #5 in Defensive Line ranking and are probably about that good this year. Saints are overall easily a top 10 Defense and more likely about top 5, this is not the "Old Saints" from several years ago. This Saints Defense is stacked from top to bottom. Raiders are a good team, should be a good game. (Panthers Defense you guys just played is terrible.)

More defensive rankings:

Best Defensive Line Group:
Saints #7 (Panthers #22)

Best Safety Group:
Saints at #8 (Panthers at #30)

Best CB Group:
Saints at #7 (Panthers at #32)

Even LB'er (the Saints worst defensive group)
Saints at #12 (Panthers at #31)

You lose all credibility when you spout things like "Cam Jordan will have no effect on the game" - - Do you think this is will be the first time Cam has lined up opposite a top tier tackle?

Man you’re delusional. The Raiders are gonna get smacked.
You’re a 5.5 point dog at home with no Michael Thomas. If this game were in New Orleans you’d be damn near a 10 point dog.
Carolina isn’t half the team New Orleans is and you barely got out of there alive. I hope Trent plays and Cam sacks Carr twice. Cam Jordan is better at his position than Trent Brown is at his and that’s a fact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom