I expect to see Davis blitzing a lot tomorrow. (1 Viewer)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Piecing a few things together here:

1. Tampa has gone Max protect a lot more lately

2. Brady has struggled vs. 5-man rushes this year (Underhill outlined that in an article). Likely a function of teams sending an extra player when they know Max protect is in place.

3. Onyemata rushes over RG more than any other spot. And Tampa’s starting RG is out.

4. Davis is a relentless blitzer.

5. I think we’d be content to give up a few hot reads over the middle rather than give up deep shots.

Put all of that together, and it makes sense to come with extra pressure up the middle. I can’t imagine a new RG and a RB or even a center trying to pick up a combo of Onyemata, Davis and even Rankins. Could also do some stunting with Hendrickson or Davenport crashing inside and bringing Davis or CGJG from the outside.

Without Kwon Alexander, it puts more responsibility on Davis. I think, like last week, Anzalone will be the blitz LB. Unfortunately, Anzalone never seems to get there. Maybe, a little Braun as he was a successful pass rusher in college.

Without Kwon Alexander, it puts more responsibility on Davis. I think, like last week, Anzalone will be the blitz LB. Unfortunately, Anzalone never seems to get there. Maybe, a little Braun as he was a successful pass rusher in college.

Yeah, but this is a lot different because they were trying to keep Trubisky in the pocket last week. So it was important for Davis to watch that part of the field.

This time? Let him attack downhill. Brady isn’t beating you outside the pocket.

Since Kwon didn't play last time they played and the Saints D held the Bucs to 3 points, I wouldn't say Kwon being out it puts more responsibility on Davis. Actually, it appears when Malcom Brown was out it had a much greater impact on the Saints D than Kwon.

I know I'm gonna be stating the obvious, but if Davis is blitzing more then we need that extra speed and to cover the flat and any little dump off passes in the flat of be ready for the screens

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom