I feel someone is getting cut today (2 Viewers)

I have a feeling somebody is getting cut today from the defense. I for one hope if we do cut vilma harper and Smith we will have the money to get ed reed and James Harrison.
these 2 guys will bring intensity to our defense.

Did Loomis tell you we're gonna go after after Harrison and Reed?

21978189.jpg

Harrison's agent said he would love to play for a 3 4 defense and also prefer to play in a worm weather city and asuper bowl contender and his agent also said he would love to play for the saints and as for ed reed he said before the superbowl he is black and gold for life now its all up to loomis to make a move and these guys want to play for the black and gold and these are facts!!!!

Will Smith will be cut in the next 2.5 hours. We have to get below the cap by 3pm.

I think we'll see Smith, Vilma and Herring cut in the next couple hours.

Excluding Vilma, I hope you are correct. I think Vilma can still be a huge asset for us.

I have a feeling after 3pm tomorrow, we might see a lot of players getting signed to different teams.

I know what you mean. Every year when FA starts some folks on here go absolutely crazy when we don't sign someone the 1st day or let alone the first 5 minutes of FA. Of course they get mad when we don't sign "insert big name player here" The Saints always take their time and rarely go after the big name folks.

Would I like Harrison, Reed, Nmandi, Woodson, Wallace etc.? Yes. Do I think they will be here next year? IMHO no they wont. Do we get one big name? Maybe, who knows but will not be surprised if we sign second tier guys in FA.

Same with the draft....from watching them over the years I will not be surprised if we take someone no one has even been talking about so far on the boards with their first pick along with the rest of the picks.

@MikeTriplett: RT @JasonLaCanfora: In addition to releasing CB DeAngelo Hall, as expected, Skins also highly likely to release Santana Moss and Adam Carriker. Need cap space

Now, Carriker would be a player to follow, but won't come cheap!

Excluding Vilma, I hope you are correct. I think Vilma can still be a huge asset for us.

Vilma is one of my all time favorite Saints but I can't see him being much of an asset in a 34. He couldn't do it in his prime in NY, said many times that a 34 plays against his strengths, he hasn't played at a high level going on 4 seasons, isn't getting any younger, injuries have piled up and he certainly isn't an asset at over $6 million a year.

I hate the thought of seeing Vilma in another uniform but not moving on would be a 100% emotional decision at this point.

I have a feeling somebody is getting cut today from the defense. I for one hope if we do cut vilma harper and Smith we will have the money to get ed reed and James Harrison.
these 2 guys will bring intensity to our defense.

Must be Monday......................anyone remember the dubbing I got for this one!!:ezbill:

Harrison's agent said he would love to play for a 3 4 defense and also prefer to play in a worm weather city and asuper bowl contender and his agent also said he would love to play for the saints and as for ed reed he said before the superbowl he is black and gold for life now its all up to loomis to make a move and these guys want to play for the black and gold and these are facts!!!!

Harrison's agent will say just about anything right now to land his client a job and him a nice commission.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom