(I feel that...) Carney should go on IR. (1 Viewer)

Go for it on 4th and 1 or Kick a 48 yard attempt is one thing.

Go for it on 4th and 10 or Kick a 48 yard attempt is another. I don't want the Saints to feel they have to punt from the 31.

Any vet on the roster at the beginning of the season is guaranteed his contracts salary! that is why some teams will cut the vet and resign him after the first game (though most of these vets are only backups.
carney will draw a salary from us for the whole season.

Since Carney is a veteran player and were on the roster for game one - isn't his salary guarantied for the whole year ? I remember this being mentioned when everyone were discussing Derrick Brooks.

You get to claim vested veteran once in your career. Carney did it in 2007. He got one game check and then was picked up by KC. You don't get double salary.

Any vet on the roster at the beginning of the season is guaranteed his contracts salary!

Not so. You can claim it once in your career. Otherwise, it would hurt a veteran's chances of getting signed if the team was on the hook for the full salary.

Why would you put a 47-year old kicker under a 1 year deal on IR? That's what doesn't make any sense.

Carney won't be cut. Payton already said that cutting him the first time was his bigest mistake...

The Carney of then is not the Carney of now.

If Carney MISSES 1 FG, you will see a bigger jumping off of the ship not seen since Titanic.

If he got cut, then picked up by another team, he's not going to collect two salaries. I don't know how it works. :shrug:

Yes, he would collect 2 checks in that case. As a vested veteran we guarranteed his salary for the year by having him on the roster in week 1.
I have heard Pat Kirwin mention that a veteran released after week 1 and then resigned by another team would collect checks from both for that year.

Super Bowl rings are decided strictly by the team, and the same goes with other championships from around sports. A Super Bowl ring isn't something given out by the NFL, so there are no "rules". For example, E. James got a ring from the Colts, despite having been gone and in Arizona for a full season. Likewise the Boston Red Sox gave Nomar a ring despite being traded to the Cubs. Both teams essentially rewarded their previous contributions to the team. It's really at the team's discretion.

Here's to a ring for Deuce then...

Yes, he would collect 2 checks in that case. As a vested veteran we guarranteed his salary for the year by having him on the roster in week 1.
I have heard Pat Kirwin mention that a veteran released after week 1 and then resigned by another team would collect checks from both for that year.

You're mistaken. If they get picked up by another team, they don't continue to collect from the team that cut them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom