I Find It Odd No One Is Mentioning the 3-0 Sweep Of The ‘17 Panthers (1 Viewer)

Everyone knows beating a team 3x is possible. But that 2017 CAR worries me a bit b/c, like TB, we beat them comfortably in both regular season matchups but the playoff game was a nailbiter that could've gone either way. We pulled it off in the end, but...i'm still nervous.

For all this talk about how hard it is to beat a team three times, it’s happened recently. The Saints swept the Panthers 3-0 in ‘17.

Everyone knows beating a team 3x is possible. But that 2017 CAR worries me a bit b/c, like TB, we beat them comfortably in both regular season matchups but the playoff game was a nailbiter that could've gone either way. We pulled it off in the end, but...i'm still nervous.

Playoff games are always going to be different. All the players, all the coaches, everyone is locked in and giving maximum effort. The Bucs laid down in the second game when we jumped out to that big lead. They aren't going to lay down again.

Although briefly, I’ve heard them all talk about it. Most confirming that the results favor the team that won the two regular season meetings winning the third game too. Most don’t follow that up by saying they think the Saints will pull of the hat trick though.

I see this game (Bucs -vs- Saints) with a little more intensity than the Carolina game three years ago because; (A) it means Saints will have to beat GOAT Brady for a third time, and (B) this is the divisional round and not the wildcard round.

If I recall correctly, we ran away with the game early but allowed them to make a comeback. Could definitely be wrong, though.

If I recall correctly, we ran away with the game early but allowed them to make a comeback. Could definitely be wrong, though.
Yes. We were up 21-6 on a late TD in the half. Allowed the Panthers to get a FG to end the half and then another at the start of the 2nd half. After that it became a bit of a nail-biter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom