I Find It Odd No One Is Mentioning the 3-0 Sweep Of The ‘17 Panthers (1 Viewer)

I think because the 3rd game, the playoff game was tougher. Cam was actually leading a game winning drive when Onyemata decided to have a coming out party. I was in the endzone where that hit took place. I was drinking heavily so I don't remember everything......but I remember that.

I was looking at post season games since 2000 and came across an interesting record.
The Steelers and the Ravens played against each other 3 straight times in the post season from 2008-2010. The Steelers won the playoff game all three years and only lost 1 game early in the 2010 season. That means they pulled off the 3 game sweep twice in a row (2008 and 2009) and ended up winning 8 out of 9 games in 3 years.

For all this talk about how hard it is to beat a team three times, it’s happened recently. The Saints swept the Panthers 3-0 in ‘17.

Was at that game. Felt so good at halftime. Then was a nervous wreck the entire fourth qtr.

I don’t think this game with the Bucs goes like that at all. I feel like both defenses will shine on Sunday.

I remember the funniest instance was in 98' when the Jags swept everyone else on their schedule to go 14-2 but lost 3 times to Tennessee.
For some reason that is very Jaguar like of them to do that.

Was at that game. Felt so good at halftime. Then was a nervous wreck the entire fourth qtr.

I don’t think this game with the Bucs goes like that at all. I feel like both defenses will shine on Sunday.
I don't believe Tompa's D will shine against our offense. I do think our D will play a very good game, though. We have the better team on both sides of the ball, and if we play up to our capabilities we will prevail.

They were driving in our territory for the go-ahead TD late. They were just outside our red zone, Newton threw a ball that both the WR and our DB seemed to lose in the lights and let flutter to the ground harmlessly even though it looked like both could make a play on it. Newton then got flagged for grounding and was sacked on 4th down/final play.

If I recall correctly, we ran away with the game early but allowed them to make a comeback. Could definitely be wrong, though.

They were driving in our territory for the go-ahead TD late. They were just outside our red zone, Newton threw a ball that both the WR and our DB seemed to lose in the lights and let flutter to the ground harmlessly even though it looked like both could make a play on it. Newton then got flagged for grounding and was sacked on 4th down/final play.
Yup. I was at that game and that grounding call was close. It kind of surprised me honestly that they threw the flag. The Panthers were moving the ball well and I recall a deep pass right after that one to Funches that was really close to being caught. I just felt this dread come over me that the game would end like the 2013 game against them in Carolina - a loss that cost the Saints the division. The sack was almost anti-climactic because Newton was running for his life the second he received the snap. Still, that was a stressful ending.

I can't believe that was 2017. Feels like just yesterday.

Funchess! That was the guy's name. I remember thinking when I watched it "A good WR would've adjusted to the ball's flight and caught it for the winning TD." But like I said, he might've lost it in the lights b/c i remember Lattimore or Crawley or whoever was covering him also could've had a crack it if they'd adjusted, but they both just sort of watched it hit the ground right in front of them.

And yeah, someone clearly missed an assignment on the 4th down b/c Vonn Bell sprinted straight up Cam's *** without even having to swerve slightly to avoid a blocker.

Yup. I was at that game and that grounding call was close. It kind of surprised me honestly that they threw the flag. The Panthers were moving the ball well and I recall a deep pass right after that one to Funches that was really close to being caught. I just felt this dread come over me that the game would end like the 2013 game against them in Carolina - a loss that cost the Saints the division. The sack was almost anti-climactic because Newton was running for his life the second he received the snap. Still, that was a stressful ending.

Playoff games are always going to be different. All the players, all the coaches, everyone is locked in and giving maximum effort. The Bucs laid down in the second game when we jumped out to that big lead. They aren't going to lay down again.
If we jump out to a 14-0 or 17-0 lead, they will quit again. They are led by the biggest birch in sports and it will manifest through the whole team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom