I fly into SF Sunday (1 Viewer)

The Topper or Home Town Heroes - Grand Ave. South San Francisco. I was in the Topper a few years ago- vintage (for CA) style bar- I would assume it has a TV although I don't remember it specifically. The other spot came up in a google search for the Topper, also appears to be a decent option. Main thing is these are close to airport- you might catch the kick off. South SF is actually a rather quaint little area. Excellent Mexican food on that street as well.

The Topper sounds like one of those bars you don't want to go into:ROFLMAO:

Btw, I live in SF and most people in the city are not from here, kinda like NYC. So, it won't really matter too much. Voodoo lounge has been a Saints bar for years...it can get really crowded though.

Where are you staying in town?

Oh wow...then I would go to the Elephant Bar near the airport rather than rush into town.

Ha! I hit that place up last time I was out there (however it was during the off-season...the week that Ingram signed with the Ravens). It wasn’t a bad place.

People might crap on SF, and toss around jokes about its residents, but I’ll testify, that outside of New Orleans and New York, San Fran is one the most unique and wonderful cities in our great country.

The Topper sounds like one of those bars you don't want to go into:ROFLMAO:

Btw, I live in SF and most people in the city are not from here, kinda like NYC. So, it won't really matter too much. Voodoo lounge has been a Saints bar for years...it can get really crowded though.

Where are you staying in town?
FiDi. Club Quarters.

People might crap on SF, and toss around jokes about its residents, but I’ll testify, that outside of New Orleans and New York, San Fran is one the most unique and wonderful cities in our great country.

I'd agree with this. After New Orleans I'd personally put it at #2 as far as a unique city with real character.

I spent a lot of time there in the past. My first wife was born and raised in the Mission District. What a firecracker she was. She had actually cut people before with a knife - unfortunately, I was one of them. Once a guy on the BART tried to steal her cell phone and she beat him up with her high heel shoe!

Last edited:
There are a bunch in the financial district. ..something will be within walking distance to your hotel.
If you are walking in San Francisco, be careful about distances.

When I attended Stanford University 1966-68, I took a greyhound bus from Palo Alto to the city. The greyhound terminal was on 7th between Mission and Market. I needed to go to the East Bay terminal, which was on 1st and Mission (at that time). I figured 6 blocks... easy walking distance, right. WRONG! Those were six of the longest blocks I had ever seen.

EDIT: 1st and 7th are actually, according to the street signs, FIRST and SEVENTH.

Last edited:
I live in SF, go to Black Magic Voodoo Lounge (1400 Lombard St, San Francisco, CA 94123 ). Clearly a NOLA bar, packed with Saints fans every Sunday.

Great bar and prob the only Saints one in the Bay Area. It is TINY though. Get there early if you can. Seeing as you get in at 9am, it would be a push to get into the city and to a bar by 10am.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom