I fly into SF Sunday (1 Viewer)

I just ribbing El Caliente about accidently visiting the wrong bar without realizing it.

Yes, if you went to a game there a flak jacket would be a good investment.
The fans at a game are a total different animal anyway. I'm sure the bar scene is cool. It was a few years back but I remember something really bad happened there.

The Topper sounds like one of those bars you don't want to go into:ROFLMAO:

Btw, I live in SF and most people in the city are not from here, kinda like NYC. So, it won't really matter too much. Voodoo lounge has been a Saints bar for years...it can get really crowded though.

Where are you staying in town?
Hahaha. Its more Bukowski barfly than Rupaul. The city has more interesting bars, but you're likely to miss kick off. I'd go to the Riptide, the Mauna Loa , Gold Cane or Mad Dog in the Haight if time allowed.

This. It is THE Saints bar in SF.
Only problem with Voodoo is that it is tiny and packed to the rafters. Especially when we have winning seasons.

Any bar that has some tv's will be a good time. I wouldn't go too far out of my way to try and find "that place"

Mission District is kind of bar central, financial district is super sleepy on the weekends and anything near Fishermans Wharf will just be full of tourists.

Hahaha. Its more Bukowski barfly than Rupaul. The city has more interesting bars, but you're likely to miss kick off. I'd go to the Riptide, the Mauna Loa , Gold Cane or Mad Dog in the Haight if time allowed.
These are all good suggestions. Most of these bars are on Haight St, and there are other good options on that street as well. You will definitely find a place that you like.

I am staying in the Financial District. I am old enough to do what I want, but smart enough not to.
I was only asking because some spots have a young crowd that can be quite irritating.

Kezar Pub is a good spot and I like Giordano Bros in the Mission, both have excellent buffalo wings if that is your thing. Kezar is right across the street from the original stadium before the Candlestick era, right in the heart of the city and only a block off Haight St, so if it isn't your flavor you can hit up the Gold Cane or some of the other bars nearby.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom