I forgot... (1 Viewer)

Winter

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
This may be a late reaction to the Philly game, but its helping me be prepared for this weekend's matchup. Last weekend, I forgot what team the Saints are this year. When Philly went up 14 just like that and nothing had gone right, I all but lost it. I was angry. Past games where the Saints would get down early and struggle to ever come back instantly took over my thoughts. Seattle in '13, 49ers in '11, Bears in '06. This all seemed too familiar. But the problem was all in my head. I was throwing in the towel on a team that had given me no reason to all season. I forgot the resilience of this team. I forgot how tight knit and cool under pressure this team is. I forgot our defense makes amazing adjustments. I forgot Michael Thomas truly cannot be guarded. I forgot Sean Payton has huge cojones and a Taysom Hill to back it up. I forgot we were at home with a crowd that would not go silent, no matter the circumstance. I forgot this team can grind out a 12-9 win just as well as winning a shootout 45-35.

I know a lot of us are nervous and anxious about this game this weekend. I am too. But don't forget what kind of team we have. This team fights and plays for each other like no other team I have seen. They do it for Gleason. They do it for Benson. They do it for Brees. They do it for each other. They do it for us! Never count them out!

Who Dat baby

Last edited:
I didn't forget but I was angry, too. After waiting that long and that's the first quarter I got? I was beside myself. But in hindsight, starting that way is better than ending that way.

:goodpost:

This team has run a gauntlet that no other Saints team in franchise history has, and has often looked stylish doing it. Its true that the magical 2009 season was largely a paved road strewn with the corpses of rookie and flat out bad QBs...until the Saints reached the playoffs. This team by comparison has had to crawl on gravel all year to eke out the No. 1 seed against a tough schedule, and they've done so despite some fairly significant injuries. I think that is what puts this team, regardless of the season's final result, right up there with any we've seen. And however this weekend's game starts or ends, I will try my best not to forget that.

This is definitely a different Saints team. No quit in them whatsoever. I'd rather not go down early in the game again, but if we do, don't lose faith.

I remember when the Sean Payton’s Saints would never seem to make adjustments at halftime. Now I expect halftime adjustments when they are needed and that’s what we get, and they work. Even when things look bleak I expect us to find a way to win, and we usually do.

If you look back at 09, when as the season progressed the injuries took a big toll, we kept pulling victories out of our backsides in remarkable ways. Just like this year. I believe in this team despite any stats, injuries, tough opponents or other reasons to worry.

Down two touchdowns. The loss of Rankins. I remember thinking, "Is the Superdome roof gonna collapse next?" Despair is a good word for it. But yeah, the decision to call the fake punt, apparently against a team that was prepared of it, was super ballsy and changed everything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom