I found out the results of my CT scan today. (2 Viewers)

STRONGLY suggest them to refer you to a civilian neurosurgeon.

It once took a Naval medical facility 3 weeks to give me the X-ray results for an ankle sprain.

And they always give me sudafed for flu, bronchiol infections, etc.

STRONGLY suggest them to refer you to a civilian neurosurgeon.

It once took a Naval medical facility 3 weeks to give me the X-ray results for an ankle sprain.

And they always give me sudafed for flu, bronchiol infections, etc.
I don't really get a choice. Naval Hospital Portsmouth is huge and Tricare will not send you to a civilian doctor if they have an equivelent military doctor somewhere in the Hampton Roads area.
Update: I tried to make an appointment with the Neurologist today. it was denied. Seems that someone looked at the MRI and would not accept the consult. There was a message in the file for my doctor to read the notes that had been added. Of course the appointments contractor (theres that word) did not have access to those notes. I had to send my doctor's nurse an e-mail telling him to read the notes.
Pitiful.
You guys still want socialized health care? This is the model folks.

I don't really get a choice. Naval Hospital Portsmouth is huge and Tricare will not send you to a civilian doctor if they have an equivelent military doctor somewhere in the Hampton Roads area.
Update: I tried to make an appointment with the Neurologist today. it was denied. Seems that someone looked at the MRI and would not accept the consult. There was a message in the file for my doctor to read the notes that had been added. Of course the appointments contractor (theres that word) did not have access to those notes. I had to send my doctor's nurse an e-mail telling him to read the notes.
Pitiful.
This is one of the reasons I left active duty. I don't trust most military docs to take care of my family.

Pitiful.

Dude,
Come home to Louisiana and I will get you in front of a Neurologist, pronto..

mani know exactly how you feel. last june i got in a really bad car accident and was hospitalized. they did all sorts of scans on my head because i had a huge cut on the back of it. then they did a bunch of scans to my abdomen because i had a bunch of big bruises and couldnt take full breaths. well, they just kept scanning and bringing me to different types of scan rooms, but never told me why. i think i had x-rays, MRI, ultrasound, and CAT. i think.

when it was all finished, the nurse said "we kept you an extra day because you have a lump on your liver that we found while checking your injuries. the scans couldnt tell us what it was, so you need further testing"

fast forward to the present, and they still dont know what it is. i think im gonna tell them to just take it out, even if they dont know.

mani know exactly how you feel. last june i got in a really bad car accident and was hospitalized. they did all sorts of scans on my head because i had a huge cut on the back of it. then they did a bunch of scans to my abdomen because i had a bunch of big bruises and couldnt take full breaths. well, they just kept scanning and bringing me to different types of scan rooms, but never told me why. i think i had x-rays, MRI, ultrasound, and CAT. i think.

when it was all finished, the nurse said "we kept you an extra day because you have a lump on your liver that we found while checking your injuries. the scans couldnt tell us what it was, so you need further testing"

fast forward to the present, and they still dont know what it is. i think im gonna tell them to just take it out, even if they dont know.

My guess is that it is a sack of whiskey... You maybe able to use this to your advantage!

Newest update:
Ever hear of caroticovertebral stenosis?
Me either. I've spent most of today searching for a good reference but no luck.
This now has me a little worried.
The doc did a test where I held my hands out in front of me and closed my eyes, I was standing at the time. I couldn't stand still. I kept swaying forward and backward to the point that he had to prevent me from falling twice.
He did several other things as well. He gave me another consult to the Neurologist and told me that the appointment wouldn't be refused this time.
Son anyone have any info on this?

>> Ever hear of caroticovertebral stenosis?

Paging SoonerJim.

Found this.

caroticovertebral s. atherosclerotic stenosis of the cervical portions of the vertebral arteries, resulting in cerebral ischemia.

cerbral ischemia

Dude...that doesn't sound good.

Found this.

caroticovertebral s. atherosclerotic stenosis of the cervical portions of the vertebral arteries, resulting in cerebral ischemia.

cerbral ischemia

Dude...that doesn't sound good.

Cerebral ischemia is an ischemic condition where the brain or parts of the brain do not receive enough blood flow to maintain normal neurological function. Cerebral ischemia can be the result of various diseases, or the result of arterial obstruction such as strangulation. Similarly to cerebral hypoxia, severe or prolonged cerebral ischemia will result in unconsciousness, brain damage or death, mediated by the ischemic cascade.

Jeez...is that all?
Oh it gets better.
I posted about passing my PT test last month...turns out that since I was on a profile at the time I have to test again in January. I barely made it last time and I won't pass this time.
Merry Christmas to me...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom