I get SICK during games. Help. (1 Viewer)

trujm

Very Banned
Reaction score
I have a problem...

Before you read this.. if i make references to violence, it is just in theory - Im really not a violent person.. with that being said....

I'm a total freak (<b>Saints FREAK</b>, that is). Here are some of my problems.. and yes, they are problems:

1. When a team runs the ball, my toes curl up and my heart starts racing. Anything over 4 yards on a rushing play, and I get sick to my stomach.

2. When a team completes a pass, I get really red and flushed in the face.. I start getting butterflies in my stomach, and I dont want to look at the TV or the replay of it.

3. When another team scores a touchdown (and we're still in the lead), I get nervous and I <b>have to</b> take a walk. If i sit down and do nothing about it, I feel like my body will shut down.

4. When another team scores a touchdown (to tie the game), my stomach twists and turns, and I feel cramps start to come. My stomach acid <u>gurgles</u>, and the thought of the team actually taking the lead makes me so uneasy that I cannot stand it anymore. <b>I cant stand not knowing if we are gonna win or lose the game at that point</b>. The unknown forseeable future turns me into a nervous, cranky person. Nothing anyone says can comfort me at this point. But i cant say this enough: <b>my stomach just straight up HURTS</b>.

5. When another team scores a touchdown (to take the lead), I get <b>beet red in the face</b> and I actually throw up. I lose my temper uncontrollably. If im at home, and they show their fans cheering, I scream discriminatory and totally vulgar remarks at them. It's totally inappropriate, but I cant control it :( If they show a player on the opposing team, I start wishing bodily harm to him. The leftover feeling in my stomach is a gut-wrenching, pride swallowing <b>knot</b> that lasts until the Saints take the lead, or probably about 3 hours after the game.

6. At a home game, <b>when I see fans of the away team, I physically want to harm them</b>. I've never put my hand on anyone in my life, but inside I cant stop thinking about how bad I want to punch them in the face. Anyone who is rooting against the Saints might as well be a Korean during Vietnam crossing my path while im holding a sniper rifle. I know I shouldnt feel like this: they are just rooting for their team just as I am rooting for mine... I say to myself "they are people too... and all humans should get along..." but i cant overcome the feeling of hostility towards them. This is not healthy, but this is how I feel :(

7. When a referee announces a penalty that negates a big yardage gain by the Saints (such as holding, illegal man downfield, etc), I get dizzy and really angry at the referee. I feel like I want to take a baseball bat to his face.

<b>This is not healthy. I physically get ill during the different points of the game. This is how much the Saints games and Saints victories mean to me. They are so important to me that my body shuts down when bad things start happening.</b> <u>If the Saints lose, I do not want to watch a single second of ANY highlight. I will not search the internet for power rankings for the week, and I do not want to hear any comment about the Saints. I want NOTHING to do with anybody and anything until 12:00pm next Sunday. My monday SUCKS, my tuesday SUCKS, and come to think of it.. if they lose, the following week is like a nightmare to me</u>. If they win, I cannot stop looking up comments about what people say about them on the internet - I cannot wait until the power rankings come out, and I cannot wait until the stat leaders are updated.

And if all this wasn't bad enough: <b>I cant sleep the night before a Saints game. </b>I get too excited thinking about all of the possibilities the next day has in store. <b>Remember that feeling on Christmas Eve where you couldnt sleep thinking about all the toys you were gonna have in the morning</b>? That is me, <u>every Sunday</u>, and its worse during home games, because I haven't missed a Saints game in over 6 years. I leave my house at 6am to pick up my fiance to go to the games. <u>We get there at 5-6 hours early</u>. Im in total suspense, from the moment the sun comes up until the clock ticks 0:00 at the end of the game.

The question is....

<b>Do I have a problem? Or am I just a devoted Saints fan? Anyone else experience similar nervousness/illness/excitement in anticipation of the game and during the actual game itself?</b>

HELP!

Last edited:
Keep the faith. Sean and Company will have you completely healed in the next 2 years. :_rofl:

jeez you think you'd be used to all that over the past several years :D

You only need to worry about if it bothers you.

I think the recommendation of 'drink more beer' is a good one!

<b>Im in pittsburgh now in anticipation of tommorows game. I wont sleep tonight. I cant stop thinking about it. help me.

I have had a few of your symtoms. Question: Does anyone else leave the room or walk outside with the tv turned up on 3rd down and listen for the crowd roar? How about unable to watch a FG attempt? Man, I have some wierd tendacies on game day. I even have a certain easy chair I sit in as the others have proved to be bad luck for the Saints.Oh well, nothing a psychiatrist couldn't help me with..

<b>No one can possibly get angrier than me. When the opposing team scores, I say things like "I hope you break your leg you when his team mates are congratulating him on his TD. Once again, not healthy, which is why im here. HELP

Mod edit: veiled profanity

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Saints lose, I do not want to watch a single second of ANY highlight. I will not search the internet for power rankings for the week, and I do not want to hear any comment about the Saints. I want NOTHING to do with anybody and anything until 12:00pm next Sunday. My monday SUCKS, my tuesday SUCKS, and come to think of it.. if they lose, the following week is like a nightmare to me. If they win, I cannot stop looking up comments about what people say about them on the internet - I cannot wait until the power rankings come out, and I cannot wait until the stat leaders are updated.

same here (my message is too short)

Trujm, you sound like my nephew. This is why my husband and I can't watch games with him. I mean, I do think all fans experience all or most of those symptoms just not maybe ALL of them all at the same time full tilt like you. If people around you seem horrified and want to stop being around you during games, then, yeah, I think it might be time to find a 12-step program.

<b>Everyone I know thinks its funny. They are fanatics too, just not AS BAD as me.

And yes, I definitely think im on FULL tilt during games.</b>

For some reason, I do much better in the stadium than watching the game on tv.

I get beat red in the face

Actually, that would be "beet" red, as in reference to the vegetable.

However,

I do have to agree 100% with you my friend. I do the same thing. The "toes curl" thing you mentioned really set me off. I thought I was wierd..

Not to mention that my sphincter puckers at the same time...

Anyone else?

That sounds too serious for beer. I'd up the prescription to tequila.

Take the first dosage slightly before the pre-game shows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom