I got a feeling about this year (1 Viewer)

I feel like people are in denial. This defense is unproven and Drew will only be as good as his line lets him.

Their positive feelings are just as legit as anyone's negative feelings. There's no one here that feels one way or the other that is anymore right than the other right now.

I honestly think there could be some bumpy spots early in the year, but if the Saints can remain in the hunt going into the 2nd half of the season they could be one of the team's no one wants to play going down the stretch.

Saints win this week though. Drew gets the contract and will come out and play really well. If that Oline just plays average he will light up that Oakland secondary specifically down the middle of the field exposing their safeties.

I just want to highlight that after years of **** seasons, a good portion of which I've been posting on here for, the board has finally got to the point where 1st week positivity is met with red thumbs and jeers.

I don't know when SR became the go to place for the debbie downers but I remember what looked like much worse teams than this one going into the start of a season, and no one here was that pessimistic about it. I can't say that I know we'll be great, but I will say that if I had got to that point where I didn't believe we could be I wouldn't bother with a forum or anything of the sort. I'd still watch the team burn, because I'm a fan, but I certain sure wouldn't come on to a website to play it all down.

I've thought we had special players on this team since the draft.

Michael Thomas, Sheldon Rankins, David Onyemata, and Daniel Lasco all are poised to do big things. Some later than others, and others might need other players to get hurt, but I really like our team's direction.

Lot of youth and talent. Our future looks really good.

I'm with you on that, but I'm just not sure if the future is this year. I do think we are building a good, young, foundation and heading in the right direction. We still need an edge rusher, and some OL help to be really good.

I'm with you on that, but I'm just not sure if the future is this year. I do think we are building a good, young, foundation and heading in the right direction. We still need an edge rusher, and some OL help to be really good.

If we get good D line play our Defense will vastly improved. I 'm not worried about the inexprience of our DB's if we can get pressure up front we gonna be just fine.

If the feeling lasts for more than four hours, you may want to see a doctor.

Or visit your nearest brothel.

I'm with AlBundy above. I don't know if this is the year. If we are to be in the chase, this first home game is very important. We have to be a good, but not great, Raiders team at home.

If the feeling lasts more than four hours, you may want to see a doctor.

Or visit your nearest brothel.

oh-no-you-didnt-28.jpg

Their positive feelings are just as legit as anyone's negative feelings. There's no one here that feels one way or the other that is anymore right than the other right now.

I honestly think there could be some bumpy spots early in the year, but if the Saints can remain in the hunt going into the 2nd half of the season they could be one of the team's no one wants to play going down the stretch.

Saints win this week though. Drew gets the contract and will come out and play really well. If that Oline just plays average he will light up that Oakland secondary specifically down the middle of the field exposing their safeties.

Nope, that's false equivalence. The people that are pessimistic have a more logical reason for pessimism than the optimist. If you use our record as the criteria, the people who doubt this season will be successful have a better empirical argument.

Pessimist: 3 of 4 losing seasons, a terrible defense (one of the worst in nfl history last yr), an a losing preseason (just like last year when we went 7-9),
optimist: Drew Brees and we won a SB 7 years ago.

I think the pessimist have a more valid argument than the optimist. :idunno:

I just want to highlight that after years of **** seasons, a good portion of which I've been posting on here for, the board has finally got to the point where 1st week positivity is met with red thumbs and jeers.

I don't know when SR became the go to place for the debbie downers but I remember what looked like much worse teams than this one going into the start of a season, and no one here was that pessimistic about it. I can't say that I know we'll be great, but I will say that if I had got to that point where I didn't believe we could be I wouldn't bother with a forum or anything of the sort. I'd still watch the team burn, because I'm a fan, but I certain sure wouldn't come on to a website to play it all down.

2012. I distinctly remember a lot of the old time respected posters that used to keep the riff raff in check start to post substantially less or go mia entirely and their contributions were replaced by a lot of new posters who didn't seem to have been around for the dark times.

I feel like people are in denial. This defense is unproven and Drew will only be as good as his line lets him.

True, but we can still have a feeling. Having a feeling doesn't mean fans are delusional.

Playing the Raiders will tell us whether this team is good, mediocre, or bad. If we beat them, there is a lot to feel good about.

So what if they are? It's not like they have cancer and are avoiding treatment because they don't want to face the disease.

Why does it bother you that some people are excited about football and want to think about it in a positive fashion?

I think we might all forget about where we were coming off of the 2008 season. 8-8. Who did we draft in 2009? Malcolm Jenkins, which was great. We acquired Shockey, which was exciting. But I remember when we came out the first game in 2009 and punched Detroit in the mouth. Four weeks later, we were going up against the other best team in the NFC, the Giants, and we rocked them bad in the Dome. That is the moment I knew the Saints were the best team in the NFL. They ended up proving it months later.

I've been very confident going into seasons many times since 2009. I am one of many that believe that with Drew, you expect to get back there. Our defense has let us down, the NFL has let us down, whatever the reason being. But the reality is, winning the Super Bowl is extremely difficult. Remember 2009? That was special. The whole region was behind the team. It was a team of destiny.

Sure I may be confusing my feelings with Week 1 optimism. Much like the other fans of the other 31 teams. That's what makes the NFL great. Every team has a chance. But I went through a couple decades as a Saints fan when the best season was the offseason, because that was the season of hope. With Brees, we have gotten spoiled. We expect to win with the Hall of Famer under center. Why wouldn't we? He is one of, if not the best, of all time.

But for some reason other than any other reason, I have a feeling about this year. I just do! It's different from other years past. Instead of expecting to win, I just have a feeling that we will. It's just one man's opinion. But don't forget our history, don't forget where we've been, and be grateful we still get to see 9 under center. Anything is possible, and anything is realistic with this team.

I have a very good feeling about this Sunday. Last year I had a bad feeling going to Arizona, complete opposite this year.

Well we all hope you are right. I'm very worried about our O-line, optimistic about our Defense, and just all around nervous about this first game. Hopefully we can fire on all cylinders and get a good win to start the season off and build some swagger and confidence for this years team.

I think we might all forget about where we were coming off of the 2008 season. 8-8. Who did we draft in 2009? Malcolm Jenkins, which was great. We acquired Shockey, which was exciting. But I remember when we came out the first game in 2009 and punched Detroit in the mouth. Four weeks later, we were going up against the other best team in the NFC, the Giants, and we rocked them bad in the Dome. That is the moment I knew the Saints were the best team in the NFL. They ended up proving it months later.

I've been very confident going into seasons many times since 2009. I am one of many that believe that with Drew, you expect to get back there. Our defense has let us down, the NFL has let us down, whatever the reason being. But the reality is, winning the Super Bowl is extremely difficult. Remember 2009? That was special. The whole region was behind the team. It was a team of destiny.

Sure I may be confusing my feelings with Week 1 optimism. Much like the other fans of the other 31 teams. That's what makes the NFL great. Every team has a chance. But I went through a couple decades as a Saints fan when the best season was the offseason, because that was the season of hope. With Brees, we have gotten spoiled. We expect to win with the Hall of Famer under center. Why wouldn't we? He is one of, if not the best, of all time.

But for some reason other than any other reason, I have a feeling about this year. I just do! It's different from other years past. Instead of expecting to win, I just have a feeling that we will. It's just one man's opinion. But don't forget our history, don't forget where we've been, and be grateful we still get to see 9 under center. Anything is possible, and anything is realistic with this team.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Spot on.

I agree that we should always remember how special it is to have Drew at QB. When he's gone we are really going to be terrible unless we get extremely luck and get another HOFer.

As for this season, I fully expect the Saints to be absolutely terrible. I'm talking top five draft pick terrible. The Saints do not have a defense and the offensive line is flat out garbage. I'd be utterly shocked if the Saints ever have the lead in any game this season. Brees will be slinging it like crazy this year so I guess that's good for fantasy football players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom