N/S I got my new leg today (1 Viewer)

I love your sense of humour about that game. Love the leg too! Im in PA and was over the moon when I saw a guy with a "who dat" tat on his ankle in the grocery line. If I would ever see you in PA, I'd probably have to hug you. Who dat!!!
I’m going to have to hold you to that one,

That is soooooooo awesome. That is the coolest Saints apparel I've ever seen. You seem like you have a great attitude about a major loss. I bow to you in deep respect! Bless you Bro! Who Dat!!!
Thanks. I never really had a choice about the attitude it was lose the leg or die. Also when I played football in high school I had to work my butt off to be on the field so I ran a lot. I knew I had that fighter in me that I’d kept dormant for a long time. All I had to do was get my fat butt up to work. Not counting the weight of the lost limb. I’ve lost 24 pounds since Christmas Eve when I got released from the hospital. So it’s paying off.

Very cool!

I'm sure you have a good prosthetist, and bear in mind that proper fitting of a prosthesis and subsequent gait training are more art than science. I've had many patients whose gait is so smooth you'd never know they wore a prosthesis. Factors like the weather and diet can cause your prosthesis to fit well or poorly, but you'll learn to manage the fit with stump socks. Your PT will also help with the gait training.

If there are any fit issues at all, do not hesitate to contact your prosthetist, as a poor fit can result in sores and compromised gait which will lead to further problems.

Be well, and post us a video of you walking with that bad boy! :)

You've got such a great attitude -- can't help but be impressed, my man. Keep up that fight!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom