I got ripped off twice today!! (1 Viewer)

That's why I always use cash at bars.....I never leave my card on a tab......

No Kiddin... In all my years in the SC biz, I hate credit cards run on tab...

It goes this way... Old Dude comes in with his buds and wants to show off... They end up staying all night long, drinking bere after beer and getting dancer after dance from numerous girls, and rounds and rounds of drinks....

What happens is that you end up paying the girls out the register and they get the cash... ANd you'll never get that back...

But any way... This dude will be big dude on block, get drunkm get dance after dance... and wake up the next day and find out he's got a CC charge anywhere from $800 to $1,500...

9 out of 10 times, the guy actually wanted to spend that... But that 1 out of 10 times is the pain... If he disputes it... the clubs losses all the money that they paid out to the dancers, as the CC company will auto withdraw it from the bank account.. Unless the club has a sign Authorization and or Sales ticket....

BUt what is needed is a good manger for this reason.. I have seen everything from a waitress that says: "He wants to give me a $100 Tip." Or a dancer that say: "I did 10 dances" when she only die 3. Or a corrupt bartender running the card and adding on his huge tip too...

One time we had a bartender that did a huge trick....

He took his own credit card, and did a REFUND for $1,500.... HE just didn;t show the next day... We had no knowledge of this as there was no CC Recipt... He even knew how to close out the CC machine so there would be no record the next day...

It wasn;t until we got the bank statement and checked into it did we figure out what happened... We got the money back due to fraud... But in the meantime.. He ended up cashing out that $1,500 on his cc threw ATM's and Pins numbers...

Turns out he was ripping off clubs and resutrants thoughout the US and was already running from CC fraud Charges with the law...

There is another scam to watch for.. But you really can;t...

But the deal is if you give your credit card to a waiter or waitress, what they do is take down all the info off you card... The bad guy gives them $100 for each Credit card, then the bad guy uses this info for purchases on the internet, or anywhere else that you do not have to swipe the card.

I had a friend and she had a roommate.. This roomate took her credit card without her knowledge. ANd back when gas was like $4.00 a gallon... She would take her drug dealer to the gas station.. She'd fill his car up with $100 worth of gas... Then he's give her about $20-$40 worth of drugs...

In Texas once while I was living there, I lost my card at a 7-11... When I contacted the bank the next day, There were already over $100 in charges at a friggin head shop.. They did not ID the person buying all the stuff.... The bank gave me the money back, but the head shop lost in the deal because the people did not verify the ID of the person using the card.

Bottom line... When you are out drinking, or even at dinner... watch your card... and make sure that you have contact with your CC comany that if there are any charges out of the normal for you, that they contact you immediately....

Joe

Last edited:
I have rated your thread 5 stars.. as soon as others do, it will show up...

I did for this reason. It is important that these tips and tricks of CC scams are known so that others can be aware and be on guard from fraud...

Joe

Yeah, it wasn't enough money to worry about at the bar, so I didn't even mess with it. I've never been ripped off like that so I just didn't care. I've always been more worried about having a pocket full of cash, than the risk of getting ripped off for my card. I check it almost daily, and I always figured that the fraud protection would take care of anything, but I may have to change my approach, at least at dive bars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom