I gotta get this off my chest. (1 Viewer)

Vega$$aint

Resident GoldenTee Junkie
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am sick and tired of major league managers bringing in closers in non save opportunities. This is coming from a fantasy baseball prospective. I know their goal is to get their guy some innings but it is obvious that closers do not freaking care if there isn't a save isn't on the line. It ticks me off.

eric

Yeah, prophetic post to be sure. Cecil Cooper tried his best to **** in his own bed tonight, by bringing in the "closer" to allow the Cardinals to post 3 runs to tie the game, leaving the Astros to rely on a walk-off homer by Miguel Tejada to secure the win.

Terrible move, because Wandy R. deserved better.

Major League Managers still wear playing uniforms. That's ghey

Yeah, prophetic post to be sure. Cecil Cooper tried his best to **** in his own bed tonight, by bringing in the "closer" to allow the Cardinals to post 3 runs to tie the game, leaving the Astros to rely on a walk-off homer by Miguel Tejada to secure the win.

Terrible move, because Wandy R. deserved better.

Yes, Wandy deserved much better. When will the Astros ever get a real closer....:idunno:

why they let Wagner go, I'll never know. He was the best option they've had in a while.

Agreed. I've only been following the Astros since we moved here in 2004, and never saw the "lights out" in Lidge...he never really impressed me, and I never felt like the game was in the bag when he came in to close. Granted, I was spoiled from watching Mariano Rivera for so many years, but still, Lidge never inspired any confidence for me...he lucked into many saves, IMO. Unfortunately, it's not any better now that he's gone, either.

Agreed. I've only been following the Astros since we moved here in 2004, and never saw the "lights out" in Lidge...he never really impressed me, and I never felt like the game was in the bag when he came in to close. Granted, I was spoiled from watching Mariano Rivera for so many years, but still, Lidge never inspired any confidence for me...he lucked into many saves, IMO. Unfortunately, it's not any better now that he's gone, either.

he was money until that infamous albert puljos at bat

he was money until that infamous albert puljos at bat

Nope, not to me...he still made me nervous before that. He'd regularly allow the tying run to the plate with 2 out, and then would get out of it, and everyone would declare him a superstar closer. Not "money" as far as I'm concerned...but as I said, I was spoiled...:D

Nope, not to me...he still made me nervous before that. He'd regularly allow the tying run to the plate with 2 out, and then would get out of it, and everyone would declare him a superstar closer. Not "money" as far as I'm concerned...but as I said, I was spoiled...:D

Lidge was lights out until that Pujols hit. Destroyed him and he never fully recovered. As a closer, you surely need to be thick skinned with short term memory. Otherwise, you'll never survive as a closer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom