I guess Carr got his number 4 (1 Viewer)

Dang shame the Saints organization doesn't demand from Nike to put GOLD instead of beige on their uniforms!!!!

(In this case, I'm talking about the stripes on the shoulders!)
I mean seriously, how is this still an issue? Nike took over in 2012 and the Saints still don't have a proper gold, with one exception, the all whites. The gold on the color rush uniform is actually gold. Not tan. Not khaki. Not yellow. It's gold. So I know Nike has the ability to make the color gold. But for some reason they refuse to use gold on our regular uniforms.

All we can do is hope and pray that one day they get it right. Until then I guess we have to be thankful that they at least came to their senses and did away with the toilet lid collars.

My sister just returned from Vegas and the NFL shop there is selling #4 Carr Saints jerseys in black. She said she almost bought one but decided to wait until it was official he is getting #4.

Steve Walsh will always be #4 to me! We need to retire his number, and send the game tape to Canton when he tried to spike the ball, it flew out of his hand backwards, and instead of falling on it he motioned to the ref that it was a forward pass. The 49ers recovered and we lost.
Also as a 10 year old kid I watched a Mardi Gras parade where Steve Walsh's float was stopped in front of me for a half hour. I yelled at him and called him names the entire time.
Steve Walsh will always be #4 to me!

It was towards the end, very quick. Easy to miss if you look away.

EDIT: Just re-watched it. Appears that short clip may have been edited out. I can't find it now.
Probably because I publicly chided the Saints organization for having BIEGE on their uniforms instead of GOLD!

He is indeed. No reason for the team not to tender a qualifying offer since he can’t negotiate with other teams, has to either sign it or sit 2023 out.
No he isn't, he's a restricted free agent. He was on the 53 man roster opening day before getting put on I.R. a few days later. So, it's actually three years. I thought the same as ya'll, but when I looked it up I was proven wrong.

Also as a 10 year old kid I watched a Mardi Gras parade where Steve Walsh's float was stopped in front of me for a half hour. I yelled at him and called him names the entire time.
I know you were just a kid, but I surely hope the names you called him (at least under your breath) were those that the filter would pick up here...

My favorite ever Jim Henderson quote (and youll have to be over about 45 yrs old to get the reference)- is when he said that the Saints gave up a ‘Lawrence Welk’ to complete the Walsh trade.. The draft picks the Saints gave up were “a One, and a Two, and a Three……….”

:hihi:

I mean seriously, how is this still an issue? Nike took over in 2012 and the Saints still don't have a proper gold, with one exception, the all whites. The gold on the color rush uniform is actually gold. Not tan. Not khaki. Not yellow. It's gold. So I know Nike has the ability to make the color gold. But for some reason they refuse to use gold on our regular uniforms.

All we can do is hope and pray that one day they get it right. Until then I guess we have to be thankful that they at least came to their senses and did away with the toilet lid collars.
The toilet collars were a result of a template change. The Saints still could have opted out of the t-collars but chose to let Nike lead them down the “future” path.

The gold on the other hand may not change unless the NFL gets another supplier. True, they can replicate the teams original ‘old gold’, but the color tone was lightened considerably from what Reebok used for an apparent better clarity on television.

Personally I call bs since just like tv numbers, the advancement in TV clarity negates the need for that reasoning. The team would have to tell Nike they want the switch and make it happen.

I thought with the extreme popularity of the CR whites they would have initiated a change to something like that or it permanently and make the throwbacks the new CR alt. I assume that’s why they wore them out of the blue last year.

Steve Walsh will always be #4 to me! We need to retire his number, and send the game tape to Canton when he tried to spike the ball, it flew out of his hand backwards, and instead of falling on it he motioned to the ref that it was a forward pass. The 49ers recovered and we lost.
Steve was a great guy, just couldn't put it all together on the field. I got a chance to get to know him pretty well. His wife & mine were pregnant @ the same time(damn my son is gonna be 30 next week). We saw them 2-3x per week. Good people. Jimmy Johnson hosed us w/that deal.

Saints really need to permanently switch to the black throwbacks and the white color rush schemes as their uniforms. The only thing I would change is match the gold on the throwbacks from top to bottom. Completely get rid of the bland all white and all black ones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom