I guess Cooks can't do his "bow and arrow" move any more... (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
If I'm reading this correctly, the No Fun League (NFL) has ruled that the move will get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

I didn't know that this rule change came into effect this season.

In case you missed it, Redskins cornerback Josh Norman was flagged for simulated archery after a fourth-quarter interception in a win over the Browns. Norman did the same thing two weeks earlier against the Cowboys and received a warning from game officials. This time, Norman waited until he got to the Redskins sideline before unleashing his celebration. Seconds later, yellow laundry was on the turf.

Bow-and-arrow penalty was real thing that happened - NFL.com

:gosaints:

It's far too suggestive of the idea that the player will go get a bow and arrow and use it for murder - it had to be stopped. (No, it's completely ridiculous).

Meanwhile the Bucs can shoot cannons on the off-chance that they happen to score a touchdown. What message does that send to kids? That using vessels of war to blow stuff up isn't serious? Or the Chargers with their relentless threats of electrocuting people?

The hypocrisy never ends.

"Shooting a bow and arrow is just like simulating shooting guns," Pereira explained with the solemnity of a Supreme Court justice. "It's a foul and it's not allowed."

:scratch:

Is it really? Merge this with why the NFL is losing viewers. Just silly. I don't know why Norman does it but according to Cooks his is a Biblical reference. He's not advocating killing anyone

I think Josh was ok with the bow and arrow gesture up until he cocked the trigger at the very end ... guess that referee had a sawed-off shot gun flash back.

NFL and these rules have become ridiculous.

It's literally based off a bible verse. lol.

Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.
psalm 137.9

I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh because their enemies will press the siege so hard against them to destroy them.'
Jeremiah 19.9

You who are slaves must accept the authority of your masters with all respect. Do what they tell you--not only if they are kind and reasonable, but even if they are cruel.
1 Peter 2.18

And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
2 Kings 2:23-24

etc

I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh because their enemies will press the siege so hard against them to destroy them.'
Jeremiah 19.9

Are you sure? I thought Mike Tyson said that.

Soon spiking the football will be disallowed. It's a violent act. The ball might ricochet and kill someone's child.

Won't somebody please think of the children?

Apparently it was flagged not because of the act itself, but because it was excessive. I believe he celebrated after the pick, then celebrated with his teammates, then he did the bow and arrow. At which point, it should be deemed excessive. 3 individual celebrations for one action?

maybe he should start dry humping the air......I have to sit and watch a grown man do that **** on a sunday.

My prediction is that in 5-10 years I will no longer be interested in the game of football.

maybe he should start dry humping the air......I have to sit and watch a grown man do that **** on a sunday.

My prediction is that in 5-10 years I will no longer be interested in the game of football.

You should give him permission to use "0rion's belt." It's like the Aaron Rodger's belt, but not a ******y.

Soon spiking the football will be disallowed. It's a violent act. The ball might ricochet and kill someone's child.

Won't somebody please think of the children?

Well, it's already disallowed in the field of play. It's a delay if game penalty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom