I guess we're going to draft a linebacker (1 Viewer)

hardheadjungle

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Watching most of the free agents linebackers , I would love to see the saints pick up in free agency are going to new teams. All.i can think now we're probably going to drafted one now. I'm not feeling who's left out there

We need to replace A.J. Klein, and considering the current salaries, yes, maybe the draft is the way to go to find his replacement.

Alec Ogletree may be the last good free agent available.

We need to replace A.J. Klein, and considering the current salaries, yes, maybe the draft is the way to go to find his replacement.

Alec Ogletree may be the last good free agent available.
Just to give you some names and ideas on this position:

De'Vondre Campbell- Good 2 down LB who has poor coverage ability.
Nick Vigil- Great cover LB who missed 19 tackles in 2019.

What's your guys preference coverage or run stuffing??

Hopefully the Saints don't draft based on need. It's a down year at the LB position in the draft. It's strong at OL, WR, QB, RB, and to a lesser extent CB. Those are the positions you should be targeting.

If they can stay healthy, I think we'll be better at the LB position. Especially if they draft a good LB.

Davis = Davis
Anzalone > Kiko
Elliss ? Klein
Robertson = Robertson.

If they can stay healthy, I think we'll be better at the LB position. Especially if they draft a good LB.

Davis = Davis
Anzalone > Kiko
Elliss ? Klein
Robertson = Robertson.

I'm, sorry, but even on paper, that current LB is not an attractive unit...Or, a good one.

Coach Nolan also left. We need to not rely on an UDFA and a player who is constantly injured.

Just to give you some names and ideas on this position:

De'Vondre Campbell- Good 2 down LB who has poor coverage ability.
Nick Vigil- Great cover LB who missed 19 tackles in 2019.

What's your guys preference coverage or run stuffing??
I'd like a guy who can do both, like Davis and some of the guys that signed with new teams

I highly doubt Kiko would be ready for camp. If we don't cut him June 1st then he will be pup for awhile. Thor has had two season ending injuries in 3 seasons. I'm betting we sign a vet or pull off a trade. Not a clue who but Collins would be your go by.

Oregon LB Troy Dye would be awesome at some point On Day 2. He’s my favorite LB in this class.

I'm, sorry, but even on paper, that current LB is not an attractive unit...Or, a good one.

Coach Nolan also left. We need to not rely on an UDFA and a player who is constantly injured.
Davis and Anzalone have proven to be good when they play together. I have no idea how Elliss will compare to Klein, but he seems to have potential. If we find a solid LB in the draft and can stay healthy, I don't see how it wouldn't be an upgrade to last season. And our LBs were solid at worst in 2019.

Davis and Anzalone have proven to be good when they play together. I have no idea how Elliss will compare to Klein, but he seems to have potential. If we find a solid LB in the draft and can stay healthy, I don't see how it wouldn't be an upgrade to last season. And our LBs were solid at worst in 2019.

I understand what you're saying.

But, nothing in the history of football when it comes to AA has he been able to stay healthy. I can't bet against the odds...Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, can't put the blame on you.

I understand what you're saying. But, nothing in the history of football when it comes to AA has he been able to stay healthy. I can't go against the odds.
Well yeah, that's obviously a big “if”. Anzalone’s health is the reason they’ll have to add a LB at some point. Based on talent, the LB group is fine. We just need this year’s version of Kiko to be our contingency plan for Alex.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom