I had a dream about the draft (1 Viewer)

I do not think Clady has the strength to step right in and start in the NFL. He will need at least one season in an NFL training program before he can stand up to the bull rushes. That said, I would not be surprised if he is our pick. I would much rather Clady than Otah.

i think "mad" is the wrong word... it's hard to be mad if you get someone highly rated on your board, but i don't think clady would be BPA when we draft... maybe, but i doubt it

I wouldn't be upset at all. Our offensive line is not great. A big part of our problem running the ball has been due to our offensive line. Stinch's deal is up either next year or the year after and he hasn't been great. Everyone talks about how great Strief will be but the fact is he must be behind Stinch for a reason. I don't think Clady will be available at #10, but i'd be very happy with the pick....as long as we don't pass on Ellis or Dorsey...neither of which I think will be available at #10 either.

Isn't the Ravens' OT Jonathan Ogden talking about retiring again?

They may be in the market for one of the top OTs this draft (as a surprise pick). This could also help us if one of the DTs are there at #8 as well as Clady & Otah--they drop back 2 spots and still get their OT & something else, while letting us steal a DT from their divisional foe.

Then again, with Streif there, could we offer the Ravens to swap with some Stinch included in some sort of trade?

Also, today, looks like some storylines/rumors about the Jets and maybe a QB in the draft to replace Pennington?

Not sure if or how that will affect us, tho, it could mean RunDMC could drop lower in the draft if the Jets are in love with Matt Ryan or another QB (preferrably) in the 1st--each new name in the Top-10 means someone else drops. ;).

Like I said, not sure how it affects us, but could make our pick much more valuable?

The only way that I would be mad is if we passed on 1 of the 4 big DL men Dorsey, Ellis, Gholston, Long after that this draft is a coin flip for the Saints.

Clady is the only offensive player I could understand.

I still wouldn't be completely happy though

I can't say I would be mad. I felt that some of our running woes were due to our poor run-blocking. Clady is a good prospect, maybe a better long-term prospect that Jake Long.

But it does sadden me what that selection would be saying about the ptoential of Bushrod / Strief. It would make me think that the staff believes we struck out with those guys.

It's hard to be mad at taking such a highly regarded O-lineman. I believe in the trenches, I just think we need the other side of the trenches more. I dunno... I hope we don't have to make that decision. I hope Dorsey or Ellis are there, or we can gather some good picks by trading back.

Mad, no. Disappointed, yes - that we couldn't get a big name defensive difference maker with our high draft pick. How many 7-9 teams get to pick 10th overall? Never happens.

If we take him, I will be fine with it...but we could get a O-lineman in the later rounds...

But, I really doubt he will be there at 10. There was reports saying he shined at his pro-day and the Chiefs are really high on him. There was even teams in the 10-30 range saying they would LOVE to have him...so there's even a chance of another team trading up before us and taking him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom