I hate NASCAR (1 Viewer)

Odell for Prez I say.

Did you see the clip when one of the knife presenters sliced himself with a sword on air?

Priceless!

No, I missed that one but I have big laughs when they forget the names of the knives and when the knives won't stick and fall down.

kidding me?

how could you not like it when junior made that left turn???...or like 500 of them??? - It SUCKS! I don't even know what to call it because it isn't a sport. Doesn't a sport require athletic ability??

Dont Bash Nascar around me!!! the reason Nascar is running is because there is 2 races left and there is 5 cars with the possibility for the title, this is the playoffs and dont bash what you dont know.........

Well, you better like NASCAR, because one of the things that might help keep football in New Orleans long term is that the NFL doesn't want to completely abandon the Deep/Gulf South, and without a team in the region to pull for, believe me, all them TV sets gonna go "click" and everybody's either going to be watching the roundy-rounds or goin' out huntin' 'n fishin'.

And that costs these guys MONEY.

Dont Bash Nascar around me!!! the reason Nascar is running is because there is 2 races left and there is 5 cars with the possibility for the title, this is the playoffs and dont bash what you dont know.........

And of course, the funniest thing about the "playoffs" is that the guy winning all the races now isn't eligible for the title.

Oh, the drama of human competition; I can hear Chris Schenkel's voice in my head even today. :hihi:

how could you not like it when junior made that left turn???...or like 500 of them??? - It SUCKS! I don't even know what to call it because it isn't a sport. Doesn't a sport require athletic ability??

You mean like golf or playing first base?

Anyone who thinks that NASCAR is simply guys driving a car in circle must also think that basketball is just guys throwing a ball in a hoop. Or football is guys trying to get a ball across a line. Or golf is trying to get a ball in a hole.

If you don't know what you're looking at, the nuances of the game and the elements that make the competition- sure, that's all you see.

But to people who know the difference, someone saying "its just a car going in a circle" sounds about as ignorant as "basketball is just guys throwing a ball in a hoop."

(i don't mean "ignorant" to be an insult- i'm using it in its pure definition- a lack of knowledge about a particular thing)

boring as hell to me too. but i dont think its a sport. how is goin drivin a car in a circle a sport

Try throwing a 70 pound jack over the wall, or carrying a 60 pound tire, or driving for 3 hours at 180+ MPH... Ahhh forget it, if you dont understand what a sport is, your blind........

boring as hell to me too. but i dont think its a sport. how is goin drivin a car in a circle a sport

"drivin a car in a circle" is as much a sport as is hitting a golf ball with a club. Anyone who understands would probably feel its more of a sport then Golf, and quite a few others.

But this isnt just driving a car in a circle. Its driving a car with no power assisted steering or brakes, slamming on 3 pedals with 2 feet, working a gearshifter constantly, for 4-5 hours on a banked track in what amounts to a 400 degree oven, against 42 other drivers.

Ya'll dislike it if you wish, I can dig that, but dont run it down as weak. I pointed it out before, Ima say it again, I dont blame NASCAR, I blame NBC.

I also understand the lament that it cut into the football recap NBC runs before the Sunday night game. And it does suck that ESPN doesn't do Primetime anymore- that show was the best.

But NASCAR is in the third to last race- in its playoff format. NBC isn't going to cut away to show highlights from the NFL. If it was earlier in the season, it would have been on TNT anyway and wouldn't have been an issue. But it's basically their playoffs, and if the race runs late, any network would have stayed with the live action, instead of cutting away to show highlights of the nfl.

Had the race gone into the game's schedule, I think they would have moved it to over to TNT or something. But there's no way they're going to cut away from a playoff race to show highlights.

Few weeks ago was an "I hate baseball" thread. Now it's NASCAR. Next in queue must be an "I hate hockey" thread. After all, It's just guys skating on ice hitting a rubber disk with sticks. :)

I don't hate baseball as much as I hate not being able to watch the Simpsons because baseball is on instead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom