I hate to be a killjoy (1 Viewer)

I know you are being optimistic & looking at the bright side for which I applaud your effort. But in reality, this team is in a mini rebuilding mode. New tight end, new center, different running back, Okafor gone. WE are having to make changes with the toughest schedule for my money in the league. And you can rest assured the officials will give us zero. zeeero breaks in any 50/50 call the whole season. They know this wasn't just some slander. This was corruption at its core from the NFL league office all the way down to the field. I just can't get my spirit up when these things continually hit me in the face. I'll still pull for Drew & hope he breaks the touchdown record. But really, what are the chances this corrupt league will ever give New Orleans another shot at the big game? About as good as me picking the winning powerball Wednesday.

I agree with the vicious helmet to helmet no call on Littleton nailing Hill. He also did the same thing to Kamara & didn't get called just like the guy who nailed Kamara in the Dallas game. This helmet to helmet charade is just another way of the refs picking who they want to have an advantage & who they don't. the thing about corruption is they don't have to win all the time with it, just the majority of the time.
Littleton's primary tackling technique is to lead with his helmet.

But I'm still so bummed out about the garbage that the NFL pulled in the NFC Championship that i can't even get excited about this draft. I guess having a pick in the first two rounds might have helped, but I'm still irritated at the thought the league could have assigned four southern california cheats to the same contest & acted as though there was no hint of a conflict of interest. Maybe after the draft I'll come around. Then again, maybe not.

I don't think you're alone.

The draft is literally next week, and usually by now we are inundated with people's mock drafts. Instead it's just some here and there.

I don't dislike the lack of mock drafts......but I do dislike the reason that likely killed people's zest for it.

I don't think you're alone.

The draft is literally next week, and usually by now we are inundated with people's mock drafts. Instead it's just some here and there.

I don't dislike the lack of mock drafts......but I do dislike the reason that likely killed people's zest for it.

I think it's more likely the lack of Saints draft picks. No one wants to see mocks of rounds 5-7. Only one pick in the first 4 rounds makes mocks rather pointless.

The reason that there is relatively little interest in this year's draft--and certainly far less interest this year compared to the interest in prior years--is the Saints have one draft pick in the first four rounds.

And regarding lack of interest in the NFL, take a look at the SSF thread currently running on what seats are available for those wanting to buy additional season tickets. As the email from the Saints warned in italicized wording: "Please note: Due to extremely high renewal rates, new seating options may be limited."

While there were terrible calls (including the worst non call in playoff history).....

The Rams still could have missed a 57 yarder at the end of regulation and we go to the SB.

Seems if they were truly crooked refs/Goodell, they would have never risked it being that close.

I think it’s more incompetence than true bias.

My issue has become less that I think it was rigged...but more:

1. What kind of multi-billion dollar corporation somehow accidentally lets 3 (or was it 4?) refs from one of the team's area to ref the most important game in that conference? That was either complete mismanagement or it was intentional.

2. Roger's complete disregard, lack of cajones, and lack of respect for the Saints organization (and the NFL fans for that matter) to not even issue a statement about one of the biggest blunders in the history of the NFL

3. That missed call changed several players legacies...and not for the better. Especially for Drew who seems to always have to battle uphill and twice as hard as anyone else to begin with.

I have no interest in the draft and honestly had very little interest in the schedule that just came out. Sadly I still just don't care.

Well, to be fair...

in their world, Drew is not tall enough to be seen in the crowd...

"He's in there somewhere."
You can't see Brees because he is RIDING THE DRAGON!!! Fire will be coming out of his mouth soon.
Or we can't see Brees because he's all the way at the front, closest to the throne, but he's too short to be seen over Garropolo and Trubitzky.

Actually...

Drew is SO FAR ahead of everyone else, he can't be seen - he's behind the thrown adjusting his crown before his dramatic Big Entrance!

But I'm still so bummed out about the garbage that the NFL pulled in the NFC Championship that i can't even get excited about this draft. I guess having a pick in the first two rounds might have helped, but I'm still irritated at the thought the league could have assigned four southern california cheats to the same contest & acted as though there was no hint of a conflict of interest. Maybe after the draft I'll come around. Then again, maybe not.

It's worse than that. I can't even get excited for the season, for the first time since the Saints came into existence. The Saints-Rams replay will be nauseating regardless of the game's outcome. My faith and expectations of a fair outcome to a season of play were destroyed with the most blatant fail in playoff history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom