I hate to look past the Dolphins... BUT... (1 Viewer)

I'm thinking, let the Falcons come in here at 5-1. This way we can squish them so badly that they leave as 5-3.

I agree with the implication that the Falcons game's importance is independent of the Dolphins game. Win or lose, in all honesty, it doesn't have a huge effect on our playoff positioning as no team in the NFC is going 16-0 this year.

On the flip side, losing to the Falcons, at home, on Monday night, puts us in a dog-fight for the division.

I'm not saying the Dolphins game doesn't matter, every win matters, but it's importance pales in comparison to the MNF game against the Falcons.

I for one hate the silly nicknames for rivals. Annoys me almost as much as when teams call us the Aints. Just trying too hard...

Anyway, what I wanted to put was one thing:

This age's Falcons are to us as the Niners were to the Dome Patrol.
This time WE MUST OVERCOME :9: :9: :9:

I don't see it. Saints used to lose to the 49ers a lot and the 49ers used to go to the Super-Bowl often. The Falclowns are what they've always been...an old division rival, but they carry no mystique.

I honestly don't see a threat from them this season. I'm more worried about the Dolphin game than the Falcons. They are a very poor matchup for this year's Saints team. Sucks for them this game will be on national TV.

This age's Falcons are to us as the Niners were to the Dome Patrol.
This time WE MUST OVERCOME :9: :9: :9:

Sean Payton is 5-1 against the Falcons all-time.

The Falcons are not to us anything, not even the same hemisphere as, what the 49ers were to the Dome Patrol.

I was looking at this picture as well. I know we say take it one game at a time, but there is nothing wrong about early preparation.
Week 1 Atlanta 19, Miami 7 Ryan 229 Turner 65 Gonzalez 73
Week 2 Atlanta 28, Carolina 20 Delhomme 308 Turner 105 Smith 131
Week 3 Patriots 26, Atlanta 10 Brady 277 Taylor 105 Moss 116
Week 4 BYW
Week 5 Atlanta 45, San Fran 10 Ryan 329 Turner 97 White 210
Week 6 Atlanta 21, Chicago 14 Cutler 300 Cutler 34 Hester 83
I have included game highs next to weeks PASSING/RUSHING/RECEIVING respectively.

With that said:
>Week 1: not Big numbers and they BEAT the team who we play Sunday. Gonzalez (NOT any WR's had a Big day) Do you remember a guy named Colston who can catch darn near anything thrown up to him. Atlanta has small DB's...
>Week 2: They beat Carolina and Delhomme throws for 300+ yards...draw your our conclusion.
>Week 3: Evidence what happens when they play a good offense...LOSE
>Week 4: BYE...We only got better
>Week 5: Roddy White had career day against poor tackling and secondary.
>Week 6: Red Zone turnovers and Mental mistakes by Chicago caused them (Chicago) to lose...NOT The falcons.

Conclusion: Are we really "Worried" about the Falcons?

Sean Payton is 5-1 against the Falcons all-time.

The Falcons are not to us anything, not even the same hemisphere as, what the 49ers were to the Dome Patrol.

You can already see on their message boards that they are trying to measure their team against whatever the Saints do. Saints = late 80s/early 90s 49ers. Falcons=late 80s/early 90s Saints

You can already see on their message boards that they are trying to measure their team against whatever the Saints do. Saints = late 80s/early 90s 49ers. Falcons=late 80s/early 90s Saints

Eh, NO! Falcons offense now is light years ahead of the ball control/no mistakes Saints offense of the Dome Patrol Days; although their defense is nowhere near the Saints' D from those days. Saints=Niners comparison looks to be OK.

I hate the Cowboys with the fire of a thousand suns but it still does not match my hate for ATL, so I will be rooting for Dallas this one time only. That stupid team better win.

Yeah, I hear ya. The jets fans played horrible in that game. No focus whatsoever. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom