I hate to look past the Dolphins... BUT... (1 Viewer)

I hate all the "let's only talk about this week's game" nonsense, especially when it comes from the opposing team's fan. Let's talk about whatever game we freaking want. We are fans.

I say we discuss Week 17 if we feel like it. Which I don't, but that's not the point.

The next game is always the most important game.

That said, if we lose to the Falcons, it's not a disaster. They have a much
tougher remaining schedule than us. I see at least 3 losses coming up.

@ DAL
@ NO
WAS
@ CAR
@ NYG
TB
PHI
NO
@ NYJ
BUF
@ TB

The Falcons aren't a smooth team. They flail around and fight the air a
lot. I think they'll fade down the stretch.

As fans we can talk about whatever we want and, believe it or not, it will have no effect on what the team does. Our only input that effects the Saints is the 12th man. Now, this can and has been taken as a slap in the face to some phins' fans. I don't think this post was intended to offend them, the final score Sunday may, tho.

If you (opposing teams' fans) find this offensive, sorry. Saints fans have had little reason during the past 40 something years to be cocky. But, now we have the most complete team we have ever had and we are proud of them. Are we getting cocky? Maybe. Are we still concerned each week that our Saints may revert back to their old ways? Deep down I think we Saints fans (except maybe the newest ones) all have that feeling deep down in our psyche. With each passing game, that feeling may dissipate a little and in it's place there is a little more confidence. As we watch our Saints win each week, that confidence may appear to be cockiness, but after 42 years I think we deserve it.

By the way, this is our forum, what do expect us to be saying?

We can look past Miami as it's an AFC matchup. It's rather unimportant in the grand scheme of things unless you think we can't beat the Falcons heads up.

The cowboys won't win 8 this year...they are not a .500 team. They have already played a few of their weak opponents hince the record. They will lose to anyone with a pulse...

What are we assuming in this thread? The purpose of this thread was not to say we are going to beat Miami - it was to say that whether we are 6-0 OR 5-1 this ATL game is a huge deal. Atlanta is our archrival and in our division. Losing against them is a much bigger deal than losing to the Dolphins would be. I would MUCH rather lose to the Dolphins than them.

I am not sure why you think it is wrong to start talking about it. It will be our biggest game so far, by far - it is our division.

Like I said, we as fans can do whatever we want as far as looking at upcoming games. I am not superstitious. It is the team's responsibility to focus on one game at a time.

Exactly. I don't know why some fans get upset when a thread pops up about a future opponent. How does "Let's take it one game at a time" line apply to fans? Some of us want to talk about future games. And for those of you that don't, then skip over the thread.

Back to topic...the Falcons game will no doubt be huge, but I see most of the pressure on Atlanta even though the game is being played in New Orleans. A win by the Saints that Monday night would quite likely give us a 2-game lead with nearly half the season gone. And with our easy remaining schedule, that puts a ton of pressure on the Falcons the rest of the season.

I think we match up well against the Falcons, although I could see our pass defense being tested for the first time all year. I say bring it on, we need to play some tough games before the playoffs roll around. There aren't many in the 2nd half of the season.

I appreciate the responses... well, most of them. I am not saying that this weeks game vs. the Fins isn't important, but it pales in comparison to next week's game.

Best case scenario would be for us to win vs. Miami, and for the Failcons to LOSE vs. the Cowboys. Even if that happens though... next week is still a MUST-WIN IMO.

We can't afford to drop a home game to ANY of our division foes... especially the F-Clowns!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom