I hate when people try to profit off others misfortune (2 Viewers)

TXSAINTFAN

Music is Life
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So a few Oklahoma country artists are doing this benefit Wednesday night for tornado relief in Oklahoma. The price for tickets was $25.00 and stupid Ticketmaster put a maximum limit of 8 on the sales. The tickets sold out in 12 minutes and are all over Ebay and Craigslist for $200-$250 a piece. Personally I think Ticketmaster should have had a 4 ticket limit because at that price it invites people that aren't normally scalpers to buy a bunch to make a profit along with the regular scalpers.

Am I wrong to be ****** that people who really need a break from everything that has gone on this last week get shut out or have to pay 10X the face value of the ticket to see this show? The national media has focused on Moore but there were several towns severely damaged by 3 days of storms at the first of the week.

We tried to buy the maximum 16 for 2 people to give away and ended up with zero after being online right at 10am when they went on sale.

Sorry just had to vent.

Ticket Scalpers Ruin Spirit Of Tornado Benefit Concert - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

I can think of way worse incidents of exploiting the misfortunes of others than someone buying several tickets, where the money goes to relief funds, to a concert and selling them to people who want to go. Is it a classy move? No, but on my list of things to get mad at, this is way down there. If they sold fake concert tickets, or price gouged a necessity during the tragedy, then ok.

Yeah, but it sucks for someone else to tack on a profit on something meant for charity. At the very least it's tasteless opportunism.

It means the original tickets were way underpriced.

You are absolutely correct. I kind of get the logic to provide low cost tickets to people who have been part of a disaster, but the distribution system with Ticketmaster was jacked up.

Maybe I over reacted and I contribute that to almost a week of being involved in the relief effort and seeing what good comes when people around the country work together for the common good. I was just frustrated. I suppose I shouldn't let this over shadow all the positive things that have happened since the storms.

We have people staying at our house with their pets from Moore and we will continue to do what we can for those affected.

It means the original tickets were way underpriced.

Exactly. It means ticketmaster and the artists really missed an opportunity to raise a lot more money for the victims.

If they really wanted to get tickets to people that were part of the disaster they may have opted to actually get on the ground and pass them out instead of making them available online to people who have no homes let alone electricity or computers.

Exactly. It means ticketmaster and the artists really missed an opportunity to raise a lot more money for the victims.

If they really wanted to get tickets to people that were part of the disaster they may have opted to actually get on the ground and pass them out instead of making them available online to people who have no homes let alone electricity or computers.

You are correct. A lot of people affected were so busy with cleanup they didn't even know the tickets went on sale yesterday morning. Lesson learned.

I see it no different than insurance companies doing the same thing. This flood insurance fiasco that is ongoing, ridiculous. Saw several stories over the past month about people not being able to afford flood insurance in Louisiana for the upcoming hurricane season because of hurricane sandy.

Insurance companies sure love to get paid but when poo hits the fan, they turn around and screw people at the lowest point, right after a disaster. We always see lawsuits ramp up every time against insurance companies after these types of disasters.

You are correct. A lot of people affected were so busy with cleanup they didn't even know the tickets went on sale yesterday morning. Lesson learned.

A company the size of ticketmaster shouldn't need a lesson on common sense.

Sadly though, most corporations do. I just love when my internet goes out and when I call my internet company to try and trouble shoot the first thing they tell me to do is go online for faster support.

I see it no different than insurance companies doing the same thing. This flood insurance fiasco that is ongoing, ridiculous. Saw several stories over the past month about people not being able to afford flood insurance in Louisiana for the upcoming hurricane season because of hurricane sandy.

Insurance companies sure love to get paid but when poo hits the fan, they turn around and screw people at the lowest point, right after a disaster. We always see lawsuits ramp up every time against insurance companies after these types of disasters.

Not to hijack this thread, but you do understand that "flood insurance" is offered by one outfit ...NFIP (national flood insurance program) funded by premium paid and Congress?

So there is no lawsuits as you cannot sue the NFIP

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

What? Why would Sandy make it impossible for you to get flood insurance? The only reason people in La won't be able to afford premiums is because they're about to go through the roof if you're not in compliance with the new flood elevation requirements, but that has nothing to do with Sandy as far as I know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom