I Hate You!!! (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Bellsouth you make my life a living hell. Your customer service sucks, your prices go up non stop, you try to squeeze every type of penny out of your customer instead of treating them LIKE A CUSTOMER!

Your business lines are garbage, you can't seem to handle anything, anytime at any place. Your hold times are too long, your billing department can't distinquish their head from their ***.

Your advertising department is full of money hungry thieves that will lie, cheat, steal and do everything possible to increase their commission rather than try to earn your business.

Your collections department is a disgrace and can't keep track of records, or more than likely don't care to for their benefit.

Your internet service is always changing, every month your premiem internet service gets "faster" when it actually just gets more expensive.

You guys take on combined billing to get a home phone, a fax line, internet, cell phone and Directv bills all on one bill. Sounds great but if you can't get one bill right how are you going to get a combined bill correct?

I have never dealt with a company that is as crooked and inept as yours and will never be doing business with any of your companies again. I know you don't care because you can just screw the next guy but **** ***!

Try Comcast in Atlanta. it has got to be the worst company in the world.

Yep, Bellsouth is horrible!
When I was in Birmingham, I had Alltel, I am so excited to have BellSouth again, that should tell you how bad Alltel is.

Bell South is pathetic. Beyond pathetic.

/beensayingthisforyears/ obligatory.

Me too but what do you do?

Anybody know of a phone company that can actually do their job? I have to switch two remote call forwarding lines, my internet, fax line, home phone line and I will even switch my cell service if anyone has any suggestions that can actually compete with Cingular for coverage. I would like to go with Vonage but have to find a company to get my High Speed internet through and I'm not sure if anyone else can get DSL out here because I live BFE. Can I get any ISP now that the lines are run or do I have to go through Bellsouth because they ran the lines?

/tryingtocalmdown

Anybody know of a phone company that can actually do their job? I have to switch two remote call forwarding lines, my internet, fax line, home phone line and I will even switch my cell service if anyone has any suggestions that can actually compete with Cingular for coverage. I would like to go with Vonage but have to find a company to get my High Speed internet through and I'm not sure if anyone else can get DSL out here because I live BFE. Can I get any ISP now that the lines are run or do I have to go through Bellsouth because they ran the lines?

/tryingtocalmdown

I don't have a land line. I just cut the land line and told them where they could go.

I have one phone, my wireless phone through cingular and it's enough for me. I get my internet service through my cable co.

I'd definitely look to see who Bellsouth's competiton is in the area.

If I am not mistaken, I don't think there is compition in their areas. I believe, and I could be wrong but each company is given/purchased an area to service and they can't go in on each others turf (large companies anyway). Again, I could be wrong.

Ive talked about this before, but hey another Bellsouth thread.

I worked for a contractor that did the ADSL rollout in new orleans few years back. Working with them was pathetic. Untrained techs, badly trained/lazy employees at their COs, horrible people on the phones. Nothing, I mean nothing, good about that company. Just horrible top to bottom.

Following up on a call an actual Bellsouth guy handled was always the best. How about formatted hard drives because they didnt know how to install drivers? Or not being able to resolve the call, and it turns out to be a phone cord someone's cat chewed through. Took 10 seconds to diagnose and another 10 to fix. Did I mention also that we flew solo, and they always had 2 people on a call?

Just hilarious stuff, always the best stories :)

I've never had any problems with BellSouth. I've had their phone service for three years now, and had DSL service with them for the past ten months (had to get away from Time Warner.....don't get me started on those guys).

This is not to say that BellSouth is without fault (I'm sure they're not). I think this is probably all part of a growing trend of degredation of customer service and support (not just BellSouth, but many other companies as well).

some of you may have seen my internet problems on tech last week or was it week before last - can't remember - I know I spent over 5 hrs on the phone and the tech was at my house for about 3-4 more - much of the time on the phone with the helpdesk - in the end it took one persone switching off one thing and viola it worked - the biggest headache for me was that the helpdesk never listened to what I was saying of the tech either - we knew what the problem was related too but they never listing until the last 5 min when some supv got on the line!

If I am not mistaken, I don't think there is compition in their areas. I believe, and I could be wrong but each company is given/purchased an area to service and they can't go in on each others turf (large companies anyway). Again, I could be wrong.
Each "Baby Bell" was given an area. There is an entire segment of the industry that competes with the "Baby Bells", the CLEC industry.

Your options are probably getting high speed internet through your cable provider (if possible) and using voice over IP on that connection-- whether it be Vonage or the cable company's VoIP. You can check at Vonage's website to see if you can keep your current numbers.

In answer as to the lines that are run to your house you choose from any number of telephone service carriers (BellSouth, Xspedius, ITC, Sprint... just look in the first couple of pages of your phone book). What most do not understand is that BellSouth will still own the physical phone line which the other carriers must go through. You may have XYZ as your carrier, but BellSouth will handle any physical repairs, hooking it up to your house, etc. In my experience they generally "slow roll" you if you do not have them as a carrier.

Cingular is jointly owned by BellSouth... they have seen the “wireless writing on the wall” for some time. The Sprint/Nextel merger should help their coverage areas in the South. Also, it is possible to use one of the mobile services “wireless network cards” or a mobile phone itself to provide high speed internet access to your desktop, laptop, PDA or whatever.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Well I am on the phone with Vonage now. I am getting rid of my home phone lines, I already got rid of my business lines, I cancelled all of my phone book ads last year and I will switch from Cingular when my contract runs up in the next month and I will get a new cell provider. Anyone have any suggestions on cell companies that have good coverage in the south?

We have both Alltel for personal and Cingular for work - and live in the country - coverage is very close to the same. I believe the cingular data is faster than Alltel - which i think uses verizon

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom