I hate zone blocking (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
guys standing with nobody to block and others with too many, overloading the zone is too easy. our lineman can't do it anyway, lets find each guy someone to block from the inside out and Bree might have somewhere to step into

It's not zone blocking in pass protection it's just horrible blocking.

LOL... I'm more worried about our zone coverage where we basically tell the opposing offense to dink and dunk us 5 yards at a time.

Nothing inherently wrong with the scheme. ZBS - when done well - can be awesome to watch. Beautiful. But I do wonder if the Saints have the right personnel to implement it to success.

From last nights game I think it's more accurate to call that "Turnstile Blocking." Looked like the object was to tire the defense by constantly subjecting them to wind sprints into the backfield.

LOL... I'm more worried about our zone coverage where we basically tell the opposing offense to dink and dunk us 5 yards at a time.

Exactly. Why the heck are we allowing teams to do that? All it take is a quick pass/juke the cb and there's 20 plus yards.

Zone blocking scheme has not worked here.

You would think the coaches would have noticed that.

So, since I know absolutely nothing about the subject, enlighten me. What exactly does zone blocking do for our Offense? Why would we have changed from what we ran in 2011-2012 aside from personnel?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

From last nights game I think it's more accurate to call that "Turnstile Blocking." Looked like the object was to tire the defense by constantly subjecting them to wind sprints into the backfield.

:spit:It is better to laugh than to get ******. Man, I have never gotten so mad about a preseason game like I did last night. Maybe just an accumulation of this garbage preseason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom