I have a bad fever. (1 Viewer)

ktulu909

Not Band
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
At what point should i go to the ER?Its been over 100 for the last 24 hours and as high as 104.2

right now,im at 100.7.

Are you taking Tylenol to reduce the fever? If not take it every 4 hours and it will help keep it down.

I'm no doctor but 104 is very high for an adult. If I am not mistaken extended periods of 104 fever can have serious long term effects and be deadly if slightly higher. If you are taking tylenol and have a 104 again I would go to the emergency room or do whatever it takes to get your temp down below 103, this includes ice baths.

Drink half a bottle of tequila and turn the heat up to 80 degrees. Take a hot bath and lay under an electric blanket. Be all better real soon.

The 104.2 was very brief and I have been taking Tylenol.The fever is fairly easy to control as after I take my Tylenol it breaks within about 30-45 minutes.

Weird thing is that I JUST started Kflex from my dentist and the fever started within like 6 hours of me starting the Kflex.Called the dentist and he thinks that its practically impossible to be a reaction from the Kflex and wants me to stay on it.

Im going to watch it real close tonight and if it exceeds 104 again Im going to have wife take me to the ER.Last time I had fever this high,it was rotovirus,but this time there are no stomach problems.

Drink half a bottle of tequila and turn the heat up to 80 degrees. Take a hot bath and lay under an electric blanket. Be all better real soon.
Only half a bottle?Care to explain why I shouldent finish it off?:D :D

The 104.2 was very brief and I have been taking Tylenol.The fever is fairly easy to control as after I take my Tylenol it breaks within about 30-45 minutes.

Weird thing is that I JUST started Kflex from my dentist and the fever started within like 6 hours of me starting the Kflex.Called the dentist and he thinks that its practically impossible to be a reaction from the Kflex and wants me to stay on it.

Im going to watch it real close tonight and if it exceeds 104 again Im going to have wife take me to the ER.Last time I had fever this high,it was rotovirus,but this time there are no stomach problems.

Fever over 104 is pretty serious, should have maybe gone in then. Not to knock a dentist, but if you have a family doctor I'd call him and get confirmation. I'd keep a close eye on it overnight and if it stays over 100 you might want to go in...someone else might have some more advice.

Fever? Isn't that a slang name for a 5-rank card in Poker? :shrug:

TPS

what else is bothering you? why were you at the dentist? any other symptoms?

I had an abscess that needed a surgical extraction.After being on Penicillin for a about 12 days,it wasent clearing all the way up.The abscess is all but gone,but he just wanted to clear it all the way up first so we quit the penicillin and started the Keflex yesterday.

As far as other symptoms,none really aside from the regular fever side effects.Eyes hurt a little,im sore,just the regular fever stuff.No sore throat or gastro problems or anything.

I had an abscess that needed a surgical extraction.After being on Penicillin for a about 12 days,it wasent clearing all the way up.The abscess is all but gone,but he just wanted to clear it all the way up first so we quit the penicillin and started the Keflex yesterday.

As far as other symptoms,none really aside from the regular fever side effects.Eyes hurt a little,im sore,just the regular fever stuff.No sore throat or gastro problems or anything.

with dental procedures, you are at risk of having bacteria invade your blood stream, moreso than many other types of procedures (though still not common). Of course there could be another source, probably even more likely. That said, a 104 fever is very high, and if you dont mind spending your friday night in a waiting room I would suggest you get evaluated if doesnt stay down. BTW dont OD on the Tylenol.

If the fever hasnt resolved by tomorrow morning, id go in. Alternate motrin(ibuprofen) 400mg with the tylenol. The best time to go to the ER is at approx 3am to 7am. slowest time. Are you having and neck stiffness/headache, nausea/diarrhea? Drink alot of fluids too like gatorade.

Good luck with your fever.

cowbell.gif

;)

You are sick...alot of people are with the weather change. If you are young and healthy, ride it out for a day or two, and more than likely, your own immune system will handle your illness (probably the flu). Take tylenol and keep yourself hydrated. Good luck, and hope you feel better soon. You will, don't worry. :D BTW, if you still have the high fever in a couple of days, it may be related to an infection with your dental work...then I would go to the doctor. They'll need to give you some antibiotics to kill the infection.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom