I have a dumb cashier story (1 Viewer)

I used to hate 2 dollar bills when I worked retail. It just represented more work for me. It was another set of bills I had to include in the deposit. And the customer had to go out of his way to acquire said bills. They're just silly.

I always did get a kick out of the few old guys that used them though. They'd hand them to me, waiting for a reaction, just sort of giggling under their breath.

I have a dumb cashier story -

i worked at a hardware store during high school and college. the boss went on vacation and me and the manager went sort of crazy.
i was tripping and it had just kicked in. a line formed and i was at the register at the time. the next dude up was buying some stuff and wanted to pay with credit card. at the time a credit card transaction require a good deal more work than it does today. so i started writing on the slip, but i just focused on dude's face. it was all red and round like a tomato and i could not stop laughing. and it just snowballed. i mean i couldn;t breathe i was laughing so hard.
the owners' son who was also working and was sober came up and i just looked at him and said something like "i can't do it, i can't do it - that dude has a tomato head. and just walked away.

I used to hate 2 dollar bills when I worked retail. It just represented more work for me. It was another set of bills I had to include in the deposit. And the customer had to go out of his way to acquire said bills. They're just silly.

I always did get a kick out of the few old guys that used them though. They'd hand them to me, waiting for a reaction, just sort of giggling under their breath.

working at that hardware store we had a guy who came in every week and bought supplies and he would pay with cash and it would be all $2 bills. apparently he would cash his paychecks or whatever at the bank and demand it to be in all $2 bills. what a freak

My mom thinks that $2 bills are good luck, so I seem to always have one or two laying around from cards, wallets that were gifted to me, and things of that nature. I honestly have no idea where that superstition is from. I stockpiled them for a long time, then realized that hey, I can actually buy things with this currency. So there you go -- not everyone with $2 bills is just going around trying to grief cashiers.

gentoogod: omg dude
gentoogod: today i might the stupidest 3 people i ever met
gentoogod: thier 3 brains combined couldnt solve the dilemma they faced today
siral21: what was it
gentoogod: ok before i say this
gentoogod: 100% true, not one second of a lie
gentoogod: this lady went into mcdonalds today and ordered a big mac for her
gentoogod: and ordered 2 mcgrittles one for each kid. one had bacon one without
gentoogod: her sons are around 18 or 19 so not infants
gentoogod: she went to the counter furious cause the son that wanted bacon has no bacon on his and the one that didnt want bacon has bacon on his
gentoogod: i fell on the floor beside her and couldnt stop laughing
gentoogod: so i finally stood up and asked her to repeat, thinking maybe shes drunk
gentoogod: i swear to god she looked at me straight faced and repeated it. and her 2 sons were beside her mad that they didnt get the order they wanted

http://bash.org/?420855

One of my uncles gave me a roll of 20 of those dollar coins a couple of years ago and I was too lazy to change it at the bank so I just used them at the bar that night.

I'm sure the bar tender though I was a freak.

i was told that since i asked for lettuce and cheese that's all i got.....shouldn't the meat be on there by default?? do i have to actually specify that i want meat??
At Subway, if you order a BLT, you have to specify later on that you actually want lettuce and tomato. This isnt because the Subway employee is a moron- its because some moron customer complained to Subway that he ordered a BLT, and when they asked him what veggies, he said none, but he still had lettuce and tomatoes on his sub. Now they are required to ask if you want lettuce and tomatoes on your BLT.

This isnt excusing the "Whats a half dozen?" thing, but in Taco Bell's case, sometimes it's not a stupid employee issue- it's a stupid customer issue.

You know that when you set foot inside such an establishment, you're most likely going to be dealing with the lowest common denominator. Why couldn't you just ask for a 6 piece like everyone else?

Dude, back in the day I use to work at McDonald's.

It has nothing to do with lowest common denominator.
Go sell that crap to someone else. Some of the richest and smartest people in the world use to work at McDonalds.

As a matter of fact, the current CEO of McDonalds use to ask people "would you like fries with that?".

I bet he could sell me a half dozen McNuggets.

Dude, back in the day I use to work at McDonald's.

It has nothing to do with lowest common denominator.
Go sell that crap to someone else. Some of the richest and smartest people in the world use to work at McDonalds.

As a matter of fact, the current CEO of McDonalds use to ask people "would you like fries with that?".

I bet he could sell me a half dozen McNuggets.

I guess you haven't been to McDonald's lately. Apparently a lot of things were better "back in the day".

yeah - back in the day mcdonalds fried their fries in tallow. back then people were skinny. now we fry fries in veggie and canola oil and everyone is fat. and the fries taste like crap.

i once went to Taco Bell and ordered my son 2 soft tacos with lettuce and cheese

i got two soft taco shells with only lettuce and cheese in them....nothing else

i was told that since i asked for lettuce and cheese that's all i got.....shouldn't the meat be on there by default?? do i have to actually specify that i want meat??

LOL...this reminds me of back when I was in high school a group of us went to a local cafe/diner. My buddy Josh ordered a bacon burger and it came out as bread and bacon and that's it. He was like where's the BURGER part of it and the dumb waitress said that she thought he only wanted bacon on it.....DUH.

LOL...this reminds me of back when I was in high school a group of us went to a local cafe/diner. My buddy Josh ordered a bacon burger and it came out as bread and bacon and that's it. He was like where's the BURGER part of it and the dumb waitress said that she thought he only wanted bacon on it.....DUH.

its crazy.

i was in new iberia once and i ordered a chili dog and i got a hot dog bun with just chili in it.
jesus christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite cashier trick goes like this: The bill is, say 11.56. I hand the cashier a 20 and 2 singles. More than half the time I have to explain the need for the singles. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom