I have a dumb cashier story (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I'm getting out of that. Commission-only? Pfft. For. The. Birds.

I'd never considered law school (was actually a declared Sociology pre-med major during a time in my life when I had no clue what I wanted to do) and since I'm pretty good with numbers, and MBA had been suggested too. I'll figure it all out eventually. :covri:

Go to Tulane. Maybe I'll see you there. :0007:

No. You'd get Meat, Cheese, Bun with Ketchup and Mayo.

But if you want to order that properly. You'd say, I want a cheese burger, Minus Pickles and onions. (if onions come on it of course.)

Or No pickles, no onions....

If you ordered a Coney and said with Chilli and Cheese, don't be surprised if you are missing the dog.

If you order a whopper and say, with just tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, onions, mayo and ketchup. Then the assumption would be, you don't want meat.

What should have happened in Pop's case is 1. Check the receipt. ALWAYS check the receipt. One missed key stroke could screw up your whole meal. 2. The employee should have read the order back to Pop. Stating - No meat or "just lettuce and cheese"

If the employee doesn't repeat the order, you should ask them to repeat the order. should you have to ask them to repeat the order? No, you should not. that should be automatic. But if they don't and you don't check your receipt nor ask them to repeat the order, then it is partially your fault. If you make special instruction, you need to make sure you get add a special instruction of.... "can you repeat that?"

why the hell would they assume they don't want the coney or whopper? that makes no sense and my wife worked at Sonic and Jack in the Box for years

I fail to see how ordering a number 3 cheese only with a coke means that I want bread with just cheese. Do they assume I want coke poured in my bag if I don't specify a cup?

i'm 30 and have always ordered a number 3 cheese only and have never got just a bun with cheese. NEVER. so apparently that's not how it's taught. what pop said is clearly the anamoly, not the norm.

so since I don't know what is on this #3 of yours... can you go ahead and list all the items on it?

solution to assumptions is verification.

Whats so hard about the fact that he wants a cheeseburger without all the other stuff besides cheese and burger/bun? if hes ordering a number 3 (cheeseburger) with just cheese, the assumption is actually that he wants a plain cheeseburger. not that he wants just cheese. That literally makes no sense.

thing is, you're specifying the topings, not the makeup of the item you ordered. the item you ordered comes with whatever it is, cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup, etc.

notice that burger and bun are not listed there. burger and bun aren't toppings. they are universally accepted to be the makeup of a hamburger. so when you ask for a #3 with just cheese, its such as to say you don't want lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup or whatever else they see fit to put on a #3, you just want a burger, with cheese.

I will conceed that yes I may have pushed the extreme on the no meat on a burger.. or hot dog.

common sense would say unless they say, no meat, then they want meat.

I knew you were just being hyper-technical, and my meat wouldn't stand for it.

Lesson to all, Get your order repeated. Never assume that they got your order right.

You should never have to ask for an order to be repeated ever.

If I care about getting my order right, the first step is always making sure what it says on the screen is exactly what you ordered. If it's not and you know it's not, and you knowingly do nothing...well...you deserve to not get what you ordered lol. Gotta stand up for your fast food ordering rights.

Why would you use 4 times as many syllables as you have to to say how many nuggets you want?

There was a thread many years ago on here about whether a chili dog was a hot dog with chili or a bun with chili and no dog. IIRC, AcreBoy argued that in New Iberia a chili dog was without the hot dog and many members made fun of him and called it the most ridiculous thing in the world. Turned out that as least in New Iberia, a chilidog indeed did not include the hot dog. It was a funny thread and I would appreciate if someone could find it in the archives and maybe provide a link.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom