I have a dumb cashier story (2 Viewers)

I will conceed that yes I may have pushed the extreme on the no meat on a burger.. or hot dog.

common sense would say unless they say, no meat, then they want meat.

exactly.. which was the problem in pop's case all along..... NO COMMON SENSE

Lesson to all, Get your order repeated. Never assume that they got your order right.

You should never have to ask for an order to be repeated ever.

Sadly this doesn't always work either, which is why you should take the extra 30 seconds to check your order at the window. If it holds up other costumers then it's their fault for making it come to that.

Last night is a prime example. We went to Popeye's drivethru (i know i know), had them repeat the order and it was still completely screwed up. She confirmed I wanted a shrimp poboy plain, with only shrimp and cheese.. with a side of fries and we asked how many biscuits came with our entire order and she said 2. Since the line was fairly long behind us we pulled away from the window and checked the order. You guessed it, the shrimp poboy was fully dressed, we had dirty rice instead of fries and only 1 biscuit. :rant:

A plain shrimp poboy WITH CHEESE FROM POPEYE'S? While in costume?

You got what you deserved.

A plain shrimp poboy WITH CHEESE FROM POPEYE'S? While in costume?

You got what you deserved.

no just plain, no cheese I didn't wanna make it too crazy

what costume?

:idunno:

:idunno:

Plain is a little better, but Baton Rouge must be really hurting for food options if you have to go to Popeye's for a shrimp poboy.

They are. I only knew of three places in Baton Rouge where you could get a decent poboy and I don't think two of them are open anymore. Outside of that, the best food is at The Chimes. I have heard that Juban's and Masur's are good, but I was a poor college student when I was there and never went.

Edit: Althoug, if you are into Lebanese food, and I am, they have some very good Lebanese restaurants.

This morning, at 10:30, I stopped at BK and got a double hamburger and drink. She tells me that the burger is $2.21 plus the drink. I stop and think and say cancel that and I want a double cheese burger hold the cheese. Now that burger costs me $1.00 plus the drink. You have to outwit these people, they are not there to think for you.

This morning, at 10:30, I stopped at BK and got a double hamburger and drink. She tells me that the burger is $2.21 plus the drink. I stop and think and say cancel that and I want a double cheese burger hold the cheese. Now that burger costs me $1.00 plus the drink. You have to outwit these people, they are not there to think for you.

Pretty shrewd on your part, and all on the fly too.

no just plain, no cheese I didn't wanna make it too crazy

what costume?

Sadly this doesn't always work either, which is why you should take the extra 30 seconds to check your order at the window. If it holds up other costumers then it's their fault for making it come to that.

Last night is a prime example. We went to Popeye's drivethru (i know i know), had them repeat the order and it was still completely screwed up. She confirmed I wanted a shrimp poboy plain, with only shrimp and cheese.. with a side of fries and we asked how many biscuits came with our entire order and she said 2. Since the line was fairly long behind us we pulled away from the window and checked the order. You guessed it, the shrimp poboy was fully dressed, we had dirty rice instead of fries and only 1 biscuit. :rant:

I think the poor lady at Popeye's may not be the problem in this unfortunate case of miscommunication.

not everyone knows exactly what comes on every menu item on the list so it makes sense that he would specify exactly what he wanted just incase....

You DO realize that you're allowed to ask questions about what comes on a given menu item, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom