I have a feeling..(brees) (1 Viewer)

saintszks

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
that drew brees will break the single season passing record and could possibly break brady's TD record...so far hes averaging 334.5 yds per game and has 9 tds so 4.5 tds per game...idk how far fetched this is but if anyone can do it, i think it would be brees..man if he can do that it would be the single greatest season accomplishment in NFL history..WOW

I think he can do it as well. I think it will be easier for him to break the TD record though.

After watching the offense so far this season I believe he can actually break the record and it not hurt our chances as a superbowl contender. Marino didn't have a couple guys that can take a slant or a screen to the house from anywhere on the field.

I think the touchdown record is more likely and obviously more condusive to our success than the 5,000 yards.

I think and hope he will break both.
Lets see after week 8 then we will have a real good indication.

He will only get the TD record if he can average 3 TDs a game. So lets see he got 3 on the road against a very tough defense. Im really debating if I should pick up evans and put him on my fantasy team thats 2 weeks with a TD. He is definetly doing better than Derrick ward.

I hope he does it all but really cmon..we have played 2 games...thats 1/8 of our schedule..we have played .125 of our scedule. Stats don't predict a thing with miniscule data. Lets see what those numbers look like after say 5 games when we have a little over 25% of our games behind us. THEN we can start more accurate projections. Im just being real here but deep in the ole heart I see him blowin em all away.

Well, he needs to average 315 yards and 3 TDs per game to break both records. It's certainly possible, but probably unlikely.

Especially if you consider that if he does continue to play on this level, we'd likely clinch home field advantage by week 14 and he'll sit for 2 weeks.

If our WR and TE core stays exactly how it is, and stays healthy, he can more than likely do it. All it takes to miss it is one guy going down, and the chemisty could be off too much...lets hope this doesn't happen.

I dont care if he breaks them or not though, I just really hope #1 we make it to the playoffs and #2 I would love us to go undefeated at the Dome!

Well, he needs to average 315 yards and 3 TDs per game to break both records. It's certainly possible, but probably unlikely.

Especially if you consider that if he does continue to play on this level, we'd likely clinch home field advantage by week 14 and he'll sit for 2 weeks.

I don't see Peyton sitting Brees for two whole weeks with not work. Talk about killing your timing with your offense.

Manning is a good example of why you don't sit your starters if you've already clinched.

I'll bet that if you asked Drew himself, he would say that he would prefer winning a Super Bowl or two, to breaking either the season TD record, or the yardage record.

And, that's the way it should be.

I would not want to see him break either record, not because he doesn't deserve these records; but because breaking them would likely mean the Saints were playing catch-up late in games. We ideally want to see something like 50:50 run-pass play selection, and 1-2.5 run yardage-pass yardage ratio.

I'll bet that if you asked Drew himself, he would say that he would prefer winning a Super Bowl or two, to breaking either the season TD record, or the yardage record.

And, that's the way it should be.

I would not want to see him break either record, not because he doesn't deserve these records; but because breaking them would likely mean the Saints were playing catch-up late in games. We ideally want to see something like 50:50 run-pass play selection, and 1-2.5 run yardage-pass yardage ratio.

Actually, I'm almost certain that Brees would rather do both.

He's certainly on the road to doing it now, and we haven't been playing catch-up at all.

I think he can do it, but won't and I'd rather see him win 2 superbowls than break any records.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom