I have a hard time remembering 49ers WRs catching passes (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'll have to look up the stats but seems like they threw TEs and RBs all day. Not sure how we make the adjustments but seems like those are the plays that consistently kill us over the years. I remember in preseason that was our weakness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
KV got torched for 100+ yes in coverage and Dajuan Harris exposed our lack of speed/coverage ability at the 2nd level. Other than that yeah their receiving corps was quiet.

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
Chew on this - Colin friggin' Kaepernick threw for 398 yards against the Saints D and he's been an absolute garbage fire the rest of this season.

SaintStephen1

Veteran
Reaction score
Saint's weakness on D for a long time now is speed on the outside, DEs and OLBs. Chip Kelly's sideline to sidelines offense really exposes that.

SaintStephen1

Veteran
Reaction score
The Saints' weakness on defense for years has been a lack of speed on the outside at DE and OLB. Chip Kelly's sideline to sideline outside offense really exposes that.

Jonboy

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Falcons burned us with passes to the RBs all day even though we held Julio without a catch (if I recall).

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We played a lot of zone guys we're being turned loose but considering all 3 of the sstarting CBs were playing together for the first time it makes sense...outside of BW Webb Moore was playing NB and Breaux boundary for 1st time.

SP alluded to the WRs being turned loose at half

GW93

Original
Reaction score
Chew on this - Colin friggin' Kaepernick threw for 398 yards against the Saints D and he's been an absolute garbage fire the rest of this season.
I noticed a lot of balls that were going to wide open receivers but were badly thrown, too. It's a good thing Kaepernick sucks.

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The two big passing plays for TDs to that RB and the TE came as a result of our linebackers completely out of place and out of sync in coverage .... more and more reason to fire Joe Vitt with immediate effect ...

dbridge

There's levels to this
Reaction score
The two big passing plays for TDs to that RB and the TE came as a result of our linebackers completely out of place and out of sync in coverage .... more and more reason to fire Joe Vitt with immediate effect ...
IIRC the TD to the RB came as a result of Vonn Bell leaving his coverage and deciding to rush the QB. It was a Stephone Anthony-esque mistake and resulted in that TD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)